New Contributor
Hello, I'm 55 with fine,limp hair and have been thinking about trying Wen. However,I'm not sure what product would be best for my hair type. I know Wen can be purchased at Sephora- is that a better deal then the Q? Thank You
Honored Contributor

Usually Sweet Almond Mint, Pomegranate or a Seasonal is a good place to start, but if you go to any of the WEN listings on QVC, you'll find a guideline chart of which type of cleansing conditioner to use for a particular hair type. It's a good place to start, and just a guideline. I believe the best values are on QVC, especially if in the TSV's when they're offered.

New Contributor
Thank You! I wasn't aware of the guideline chart. I have ordered the lavender cleansing conditioner. I appreciate the guidance
Respected Contributor
On 2/26/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Usually Sweet Almond Mint, Pomegranate or a Seasonal is a good place to start, but if you go to any of the WEN listings on QVC, you'll find a guideline chart of which type of cleansing conditioner to use for a particular hair type. It's a good place to start, and just a guideline. I believe the best values are on QVC, especially if in the TSV's when they're offered.

I agree with this and also take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site. (ChazDean.com). I know that some Wenners didn't really find this very accurate but I believe this is a good place to start.

Frequent Contributor
On 2/26/2015 susan25 said:

I agree with this and also take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site. (ChazDean.com). I know that some Wenners didn't really find this very accurate but I believe this is a good place to start.

The recommender on Chaz's site is a good start but you have to remember that what it recommends for you may not be a good fit for your hair as not all hair is the same nor reacts the same way. I've been using Wen for a few years and when i tested the recommender (just to see what it would come up with, already knowing what which ones work well for me and which ones don't) it recommended formulas that I knew don't work at all for my hair. It came up with Cucumber Aloe and Lavendar - my hair HATES those (Lavendar dries the crud out of my hair, Cucumber Aloe doesn't clean my hair at all). The best thing to do is to get one of the kits that have the small bottles/packets of different formulas. That way you can try them out - without committing to bigger bottles - and find out which one(s) your hair likes best. Here are a good set you could try: A222871 (you'll need to pick the VARIETY option).

Respected Contributor
On 2/26/2015 jurby said:
On 2/26/2015 susan25 said:

The recommender on Chaz's site is a good start but you have to remember that what it recommends for you may not be a good fit for your hair as not all hair is the same nor reacts the same way. I've been using Wen for a few years and when i tested the recommender (just to see what it would come up with, already knowing what which ones work well for me and which ones don't) it recommended formulas that I knew don't work at all for my hair. It came up with Cucumber Aloe and Lavendar - my hair HATES those (Lavendar dries the crud out of my hair, Cucumber Aloe doesn't clean my hair at all). The best thing to do is to get one of the kits that have the small bottles/packets of different formulas. That way you can try them out - without committing to bigger bottles - and find out which one(s) your hair likes best. Here are a good set you could try: A222871 (you'll need to pick the VARIETY option).

I found the recommender to be very accurate but I have read posts from many Wenners that the recommender wasn't very accurate for them. I definitely agree that purchasing the travel packets is a great idea. After I had started using Wen for a while I wanted to try all of the different formulas and did purchase a similar kit so that I could try most of them and eliminate what I knew would never work on my hair.

New Contributor
Thank you all for the replies. Based on the recommended I have ordered the Lavender. If that doesn't work as I hope, I'll order the variety pack. After using shampoo all my life and always getting the same non results- I'm willing to give Wen a fair try out. Now that I know all the products don't work the same I'm prepared to experiment a little
Esteemed Contributor

I also like to have 6/13 on hand. Not only it is wonderful product by itself, but also a pump or two can be added to Lavender or BGT, in case if these will be a little too drying.

Best of luck!

p.s. there is a video, maybe you can watch and see what products Chaz recommened for her, and if your hair is somewhat similar to her's, maybe pay some attention to his suggestions.

"New Client Consultation w/ Chaz" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYwOOjE-ByQ

Super Contributor
Welcome to wen and the boards. I am 50, and also have fine straight hair. I live in the Midwest, so I find I need different formulas at different times of year, more moisture in the winter, etc. It's good you are prepared to experiment. Don't hesitate to mix scents together. Lavender is just okay for me, but then I started mixing it with the spring gardenia (2013 scent) and it's much better. It has really helped my hair - I felt like I was always searching for a shampoo/conditioner combo that didn't make my hair flat or fly away. Then I tried wen and it solved the problem. And I still blow dry and use a curling iron, and yet my hair looks and feels great. Again, welcome. Michele