Frequent Contributor

? for you short haired ladies that use the styling cream

I have had two bottles of the POM SC and only used it once or twice. I rubbed it into towel dried hair and it left my hair heavy. Chaz said last night to put it on half way down shaft on wet hair using 1-2 pumps. How do you use it on hair that is not long...on top at the longest, mine is three-four inches, but really short on sides and it is above my ears. I did order the OTO last night...

Super Contributor

Re: ? for you short haired ladies that use the styling cream

My hair is about the same length as yours except it's not cut above my ears. I use the styling crème, but I use it on soaking wet hair like Chaz says. I use a pea size, rub it into my hands and bending over I scrunch it into my hair, that way I get the ends away from my scalp. Instead of twisting my hair into one ponytail like Chaz shows, I do several mini-twists all over my head to work it in. Don't flat palm it - that means putting it on your hair by rubbing your hands flat against your head.

Using it on towel dried hair will definitely make your hair feel weighed down. Putting it on when your hair is soaking wet makes all the difference.

Edited to add: Put the mousse in soaking wet hair also, after you use the styling crème.

Respected Contributor

Okiebug gave some great advice. I use the styling creme on my son's short hair. I usually apply a pea size to his soaking wet hair. I rub my hands together and use my hands to pull his hair upward toward the ceiling as I rake my fingers through his hair focusing on the ends. I like to use the styling creme on him because it holds his hair in place and adds shine. It doesn't weigh his fine hair down at all.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Chaz always shows how to use the products on long hair doesn't he? Not every person that uses WEN has long hair and I wish he would use a model with very short hair every once in awhile,kind of hard to twist short hair .
Contributor

My hair is short as well. I use the styling cream (1 pump) plus 4 pumps of mousse and mix all together. I then put it on soaking wet hair and then wrap my hair in a turbie towel prior to drying it. Hope this helps you.