Trusted Contributor

For those with experience with Guthy Renker

I saw a trial offer that i am interested in because it includes a comb and brush (LOVE the comb, really want the brush!) I hesitate because it will enroll me into an auto delivery plan. How is Guthy Renker to deal with (I'm thinking if I need to cancel the auto delivery). Thanks in advance for any advice!

Super Contributor

Re: For those with experience with Guthy Renker

I am a WEN user but I have no direct knowledge of going thru GR. However, I have heard from people who have used them that they are very difficult to use/cancel. Some have even suggested that their version/formula of WEN is not the same???

Respected Contributor

Not me personally, but I have heard of people having a problem cancelling the auto-delivery. I usually wait for infomercial products to either come to a shopping channel or a store in my area for that reason. If you really want to, I would say use a credit card that you can cancel when you want the shipments to stop. I think there are temporary credit cards for this purpose.

Respected Contributor

Next month, there will be a TSV on the 21st. I would wait until then. There probably will be special promo packages and possibly an OTO.

The formulas are different for the some Wen products because they have to go through international regulations. I believe you are limited with the scents of the products you get the first time with GR. These are smaller containers so I don't think you are getting a great deal.

There is a saying, a penny saved and a pound foolish. The upcoming TSV is an amazing price.

There is one woman that I know of who does most of her ordering from GR and she loves them.

Personally, I prefer to stick with QVC. You will never have a problem returning the product if you don't like it. The few times I have called QVC CS, they have been very nice.

Super Contributor

Once you order from GR, it can be very difficult to cancel. Over the years, I have ordered 2 products from them, and both times found it impopssible to cancel. I even started receiving more products and bills over a year after I had cancelled. I just continued sending products and bills back to them with "REFUSED" written on them. Calls and letters did no good.

I would never order anything from them again. Wait for Chaz on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I know many people must do fine with them...My Mom had a bad experience getting her order to stop coming..She did everything correctly as she was instructed but the product kept coming..I only use QVC as the customer service is always been helpful to me...Yes TSV in March looks great...

Contributor

I have gotten both Wen and Proactiv through GR and never had any issues. I have recently canceled both with no problems. That said, if you just want the trial offer then want to cancel immediately I probably wouldn't bother.

Regular Contributor

I went through Guthy Renker my first time using Wen. I can't recommend it. They took money from my bank account that I never authorized, and in order to get it back they asked me to fax them a bank statement to prove they took my money. So when I went to fax it the fax number was fake! Needless to say, I never got my money back. I had to close that bank account. Cancelling was a pain, because they hastle you to stay. They offer you to decrease shipments, etcetera. Another thing I wasn't aware of when I initially signed up was that they charge you $30 a month per 90 day supply, so you end up paying $90 for one shipment. I would steer clear, and go for the TSV coming up at QVC.
Super Contributor

My advice is ""stay away"" from Guthy Ranker. My daughter bought through them and they took several payments after she had cancelled. It took forever to resolve the issue and in fact they refused to refund the last unauthorized payment they took.

Trusted Contributor

A big THANK YOU to all who replied! The offer seemed to good to be true and that's what made me a little nervous, $30 for wen, remoist, brush and comb. I'm glad I came here first! I definitely do not need any headaches over cleanser.

Can't wait for the next TSV. It looks amazing.