Esteemed Contributor

In your experience, how do you compare Lavender and BGT?

I would really appreciate your input on your thoughts/experiences with LAV vs. BGT? Not so much "vs.", but more comparing these two. I am talking about CCs, and treatment/styling products as well.

The reason I am asking, I have not used LAV yet, just LAV Treatment Oil and RTM I got from ebay to try. Can't really say, if I liked it or not.

Not familiar with LAV CC at all, and not sure, if I want to break open new LAV Set, or not, and rather sell of gift it.

I did read "My Bamboo Green Tea Experiement...." thread by motherinlaw, and paid attention to it. Does not have to be about BGT necessarily, can be experimenting with any other scent for a while.

This idea does not sound too bad for me at this moment, because I am at the point recently, when alternating between four core CCs, three seasonal, treatment oils, and re-moists (that both do affect how hair comes out the next day), I really (still) can't figure out which CC really works for me the best.

Not sure, if I want to add additional LAV scent to my dilemma. Would be really grateful for your comments about the LAV. Specifically for thin, fine hair.

Thank you in advance!

p.s. I do get the "fun part" of using different scents of WEN all the time, I am just still searching for the perfect ONE for now. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

Re: In your experience, how do you compare Lavender and BGT?

Lav CC gives me Texas big hair without doing anything else. BGT gives me normal hair but my hair doesn't always like the extra aminos ect in it. Personally, I won't use Lav but my hair is thick and wavy naturally and I'm usually trying to contain the volume not increase it.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I find both formulas to be a bit drying. Although LAV doesn't give me a ton of volume, it does given me more volume than BGT.

If it weren't for the fabulous scent (which I love) I probably would not use BGT at all.

And of the original wheat based scents, LAV is my least favorite (although I like this scent in the styling products).

I frequently find better results when I mix (I don't do the double cleanse, I just mix them together in my hand before working into my hair). I mix BGT with 613, and LAV goes really well with the first spring scent - Spring Gardenia Green Tea.

Michele

Esteemed Contributor

Oranges and tricycles

Wen Lav gives my volume. BGT doesn't really work for my hair.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I didn't like the lavender at all for scent and performance both. I found it very drying and didn't like the scent but could tolerate it. BGT is also a bit drying but it is still one of my favorite cleansing conditioners since I love the scent and use it frequently.

Esteemed Contributor

I cannot attest to any of the styling products but now that you brought it up, I do get very similar results with the Lavender and BGT CC. I have very fine hair and I do like lavender but it doesn't give me the volume sweet almond does. I would also say I get the same results with winter cranberry. I think all those formulas are lighter. Sweet almond is my holy grail. I use BGT incorporated in my first cleanse and sweet almond always in my second.
Respected Contributor

Lavender CC gives me nice volume, but can be a bit more drying...I've found I get the best results, though, from mixing any core equally with any seasonal. Seems to be the right combo of things. BGT is less drying, but still more so than the other cores.

I don't really see much difference in the RTM, SC and VTS from one scent to the next. But I do kind of use them randomly together and not in "matched sets". For instance--right now I'm using LAV & FGP CC, BGT RTM, POM SC and LAV VTS. It's all good for me!

Respected Contributor

My hair does not care for BGT, great for the Hub tho , don't care for Lav......Your last statement "searching" for the perfect one, mine is FAS/SHP/WWC so far...I only use seasonals both cleanses, can't wait for the new one!

Honored Contributor

I have color treated curly hair (double trouble ....DRY). I found the LAV (since volumizing) to be very drying. I switched to BGT & 613 & my hair is in great condition.
Super Contributor

I've been loving the pomegranate for my fine long hair, doesn't weight it down or dry it out. Haven't tried the LAV or the BGT yet but do love the Lavender treatment oil.