Valued Contributor

My Bamboo Green Tea experiment......

In the last few weeks I have gone strictly and totally using Bamboo Green Tea products.

My attempts at Seasonals ( Tuscan Pear and Winter White Citrus)used either as a first or second cleanse with one of the Originals (SAM more times than not) as the alternate left my fine hair weighed down and dirty looking within a day. Using the core Conditioners alone really didn't give me what I wanted and had hoped for either.

My love for the scent of Bamboo Green Tea is forever! Thus after years of the Originals and now a few Seasonals, I decided to go straight line with one formula and see how it goes.

First and Second cleanse...Bamboo Green Tea. Small amount of Bamboo Green Tea for a leave in conditioner then Bamboo Green Tea styling cream. I do use the Winter White citrus oil since we do not have the Bamboo Green Tea oil yet available and I like it very much but will definitely get the Bamboo Green Tea when I can.

The styling cream was a game changer for me in the shower while applying it into my hair and also when blow drying. Such a wonderful difference in the way my hair glides thru the round brush and my natural waves are so soft now.

The replenishing treatment mist is a daily ritual for my skin and hair. Will spritz this on my bangs if they have dried to much before I am done blow drying the rest of my hair...also use this as a refresher for my hair between cleansings. My face gets daily doses of the Bamboo Green Tea mist....it is heavenly!

Once I got thru the initial learning curve of have softer hair....I love it! Also in the shower, there is not all of this residue that the other cleansing conditioners left which I didn't like at all. Just using the Bamboo Green Tea there is literally no cleansing conditioner residue left in the shower to go down the drain....it is a much cleaner wash out. Wonder why that is? Very strange.

I try to keep things simple and the mixing and matching of Cleansing Conditioners was actually driving me a little nuts. The time and the $$$ involved was not what I wanted but as the line has grown, I have come to know what I like and don't like. The Bamboo Green Tea collection is a winner across the board for me.

Hope this has helped someone make better decisions for themselves and also to maybe try the experiment I did. Here wishing you fantastic results! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Re: My Bamboo Green Tea experiment......

Thank you motherinlaw for the terrific review! That's going to push me to order the March TSV now!! I have very fine hair and I've struggled before to find the ""perfect"" formula. I'm looking forward to trying this now. Thanks again!

Trusted Contributor

I share your enthusiasm for the bamboo green tree and have been using it exclusively for several months. I think it rinses easier because it is a rice formula. I have fine hair and I get nice volume...not weighed down at all(of course I cleanse and repeat but never use extra as a leave in). I may be tempted by the new rice formula in March but I will wait for the presentations.
Valued Contributor

Happy you enjoyed what I had to share and hope it helps you to find your perfect WEN! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

What a great review motherinlaw. I love BGT but don't use it exclusively but as my 1st cleanse most often. When I combine it with one of the seasonals as my 2nd cleanse it is usually a great combination for me. I do alternate the core formulas that I use but found that I like BGT the best.

Honored Contributor

motherinlaw, you for taking the time to share this review, very thoughtful. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I share your love of BGT! That + TT have been a game changer for my fine, previously very sad hair.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Hi Drythe: Tea Tree CC is one I have not tried. Just didn't seem to be one that was suited for me but I did use the Tea Tree oil for awhile and honestly....it was just too strong of a scent to be pleasant. The Winter White Citrus is very nice and it is suppose to help hair grow like the Tea Tree.....just a much more acceptable way for me to achieve that scent wise. Smiley Happy

And you are Welcome....it was my pleasure to post a review that you found helpful.

Trusted Contributor

BGT is my favorite by far, I love, love, love it! I wish Chaz would make a fragrance spray with the beautiful BGT scent. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

BGT has become my favorite of the standard line. I've always been a fig girl but I find my curls really love BGT. I generally use it as my first cleanse, then Fig or a seasonal as my second. I think part of the fun of being a WEN girl is always trying different combinations!
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Hey motherinlaw,

Got what you're saying about TT scent, it may be the strongest. Fortunately I like it. Because of medication I have an itchy scalp which TT helps immensely.

As for the TT oil, I marinate with it wearing a shower cap. Secxy wow, but it captures the heat and the the scent isn't strong.

WWC is good isn't it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras