Contributor

Has anyone experienced hair loss by using Wen. I have a friend that posted on Facebook that a friend of hers was suing someone regarding Wen because of major hair loss. They say there is something in Wen that would cause it. I have been using it for the last few years and I can say that my hair is definitely much thinner than it use to be. I had to start using Joan Rivers Great Day to cover some of the bald spots on my head (which I her product btw). I thought it was due to age, I am 62, but it seems like it happened when I started using Wen.

Respected Contributor

Wen DOES NOT cause hair loss.

Super Contributor

I believe Wen can cause hair loss for some, just like shampoo is bad for others, and some break out from even the best skincare products. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to anything. I can't image the Wen class action suit (if it really exists) will get very far.

Contributor

How do you know that? I am just asking for my personal information not to bash Wen.

Respected Contributor
I have had no hair loss using Wen. In fact, my hair is thicker now. I have been using Wen exclusively for 2 1/2 years. My 10 year old daughter and 5 yr. old son also use it. None of have had any problems. We all have thick, healthy hair.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for posting this!!! Last year, I tried Wen in many different forms, and almost every product they carry. I noticed that when ever I would rinse my hair out, I had gobs of hair coming out. By the end of the year, my hair had thinned so much, I couldn't believe it. I stopped using it, and my hair is not falling out anymore. Will never go back to using this product. I think it works for some people, but not for me. Much too expensive, I buy a non sulphate, chemical free shampoo and love it. Plus it's so much cheaper.

Honored Contributor
I notice more hair in the drain after wen too but I think it is because you are more vigorous with the cleansing.I don't need to rub so much when I use shampoo.I think shampoo cleansing doesn't disturb the roots as much.i alternate the cleansing so my hair gets the best of both.
Respected Contributor

I do not use WEN, and don't intend to try. But to say as in MsX's post that "WEN does not cause hair loss" is rather silly, based on the dozens of posts and what I read are law suits over the product, there must be some cause.

If I were in your situation, whether you're using WEN or something else, I would discontinue the use of whatever product I had been using and choose something very mild for a while. If the hair loss stops, you should seriously consider WEN the cause. If not, maybe you should see a dermatologist. It might be a medical condition, and you should have treatment.

Respected Contributor

I used Wen for 3 months. One day I noticed the shower drain was clogged up with my hair. Never happened before. I pulled the hair out of the drain and immediately stopped using Wen. Haven't had any problems since. There is no product that is great for all!!!

Regular Contributor
I, too, stopped using Wen because of noticible hair loss. I have read on a prior thread how Wen is severely clogging drains for some to the point where a plumber is called in. The large amount of product that is required to effectively cleanse hair does not surprise me of this claim.