Frequent Contributor

I bought and POM. I used six pumps, have short hear, and it suds up like shampoo on me. After my hair dried, it was heavy and my scalp itched. I had to wash it out. I have tried it three times and the same thing. Am I using too much, evidently I am doing something wrong. Love my WEN CC's!

Trusted Contributor
Sorry on my iPhone - but before someone comes along and just tells you to call salon, I will answer... Yes I think you are using too much. Also you really don't put it on your scalp. It is a twist push and rake motion. So you are just raking it through the top of your head.
Esteemed Contributor

You are preaching to the choir with me,

Nothing holds my hard to hold a style hair and can't get any of the style product to work for me.

Try only one pump, then 2 and use up the bottle and just know your hair will not look like Joy's.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much for your replies!

Honored Contributor

I use 6 pumps and my hair is bra length, so I'd suggest you're using too much.

Run the mousse lightly through your hair with your fingers, do not pat it down or scrub it in,(in other words, don't work it) then dry.

Best wishes,

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Short hair here - I have never successfully used more than 4 pumps.

This is my all-time favorite mousse. When I got it first, I thought I was spending too much money for a styling product. Nope. I love it and it lasts a long time. Worth its price for me.

Frequent Contributor

My hair is above my ears, so I will try it again in the morning using only two pumps and running it through like you suggested. I want to love it! Thanks again

Esteemed Contributor
My hair is mid back and I use 6-8 pumps, 8 when I want a lot of volume and curl. Definitely used too much.
Respected Contributor

I still have SHP mousse but don't really use mousse very often. Prior to Wen I never used mousse very often either. I have just never had much success using mousse. That being said, I agree with the others that you are using too much product.

Occasional Contributor

Hello, Not sure if anyone has told you yet, make sure your hair is really wet when you put it in. I have shoulder length hair and Love the moose. I use 1 or 2 pumps and style cream mixed and twist into wet hair. I have curly hair so in the summer when the humidity is nuts I use two pumps other than that I use one.