Contributor

Anyone using Wen and Tweak'd...Question about styling products

I use Wen every day and today I tried Tweak'd. I wasn't sure if I should put a little Wen on as a leave in. There weren't any directions about using any leave in conditioners. I also didn't know if I should be using Wen styling cream or mousse afterwards either. I did do those things, but I found my hair harder to curl and it wasn't frizz free, but less frizzy than usual. I just wondered what others experienced or recommended. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone using Wen and Tweak'd...Question about styling products

I just ordered tweaked yesterday since I have wanted to try it and since they had free shipping it was a good time to order it. I know that some who use Wen have also used tweaked and hopefully someone will answer your question. Depending on how long it takes to arrive I will probably try it sometime in the next few weeks. If I decide that I like it I may use it once a month and don't plan on replacing Wen with tweaked but just using it in addition to Wen. Of course I may also decide that I don't like the results and never buy it again.

Respected Contributor

I don't know about using Wen with it, my Sister tried tweaked an it was awful on her hair.. Maybe you will like it as everyone's hair has different needs.. (she realized how happy she was with WEN!..-Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

I didn't care for Tweaked. Made my hair feel sticky and it was really hard to style. I had to stop using WEN because of hair fall out.

Honored Contributor

I love the ultra nourishing tweak-d and do not need any styling or shine products when using it. Like WEN, it kind of takes a bit to really fine tune how much you need to use for your hair.

Which tweak-d did you get? Some say the volume one is drying. With the ultra nourishing, I would forgo the styling cream as the ultra nourishing is, well, nourishing enough and using it with the styling cream might be too much for some, especially if your hair is more on the fine side.

Contributor

On 1/30/2015 HappyDaze said:

I love the ultra nourishing tweak-d and do not need any styling or shine products when using it. Like WEN, it kind of takes a bit to really fine tune how much you need to use for your hair.

Which tweak-d did you get? Some say the volume one is drying. With the ultra nourishing, I would forgo the styling cream as the ultra nourishing is, well, nourishing enough and using it with the styling cream might be too much for some, especially if your hair is more on the fine side.

I tried the ultra nourishing one. My hair didn't feel as silky as it does with Wen especially up near the top of my head. My hair is fine. I ordered the rise and shine one since they had flex pay and free shipping.

Honored Contributor

I like tweak-ed, I use Nick Chavez leave in CC to blow dry and I get a better hair do out of this product than with WEN.