Esteemed Contributor
I have the TT treatment oil, and while I love the results, the smell overnight overwhelms me. Do you know if different formulas provide different results or is it just the scent that is different?
Contributor

I got used to the scent. Now, it doesn't bother me. But I started using it for scalp issues, which it is helping me enormously.

I believe fig has cedarwood oil, which I think is similar. But, for me, the benefits of TT (for my scalp) far outweighs the smell. So if you don't have scalp issues like me, I would just go by what scent you like the most.

Esteemed Contributor
So do different formulas provde different benefits? I do not have scalp issues. I was thinking of trying the lavender for my fine hair, but it's expensive so I want to be sure I order what will work best for me. If it's just the scent, it won't matter. I'm just not sure if they all work the same.
Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 MFitz said: So do different formulas provde different benefits? I do not have scalp issues. I was thinking of trying the lavender for my fine hair, but it's expensive so I want to be sure I order what will work best for me. If it's just the scent, it won't matter. I'm just not sure if they all work the same.

Yes. Since you didn't say which benefit(s) you are after, it's hard to say if Lavender will provide that benefit. You can look up the benefits of individual oils to check for yourself or you can tell us what you're looking for and we can help.

If you can't handle the scent of the oils overnight (I have some I can't handle for 10 minutes, much less overnight!), you might consider using them at different times. You could put an oil on your hair, put it up in a bun or a ponytail, and clean the house, do yoga, watch a movie, whatever. If you can have the oils on for a long time, that's great, but heat is what really helps them. If you get warm while you work out, clean the bathroom, whatever, that will help. You can even throw a plastic shower cap over your hair to help keep the heat in while you do chores and that will help the oils "marinade" your hair and scalp and keep the scent inside. Smiley Happy I have an easier time managing scents that way than trying to sleep with them right there on my head.

Esteemed Contributor
I have healthy hair and scalp, never colored my hair. I have fine hair that is shoulder length with little body. I have found that the TT oil has made my hair even better, but the smell is overpowering for me. I am just looking for a formula that will suit my hair best and provide a healthy scalp. I could find info on the benefits of the oils, but not which formulas work best for different hair types. This info only see a available for the CC.
Honored Contributor
On 1/29/2015 MFitz said: I have healthy hair and scalp, never colored my hair. I have fine hair that is shoulder length with little body. I have found that the TT oil has made my hair even better, but the smell is overpowering for me. I am just looking for a formula that will suit my hair best and provide a healthy scalp. I could find info on the benefits of the oils, but not which formulas work best for different hair types. This info only see a available for the CC.

They will all help with generic hair and scalp health, so you could definitely give Lavender Mint a try.

Properties of oils are inherent to the oils, not proprietary to WEN. You can find the properties of an oil by searching the internet for something like 'benefits of Rosemary oil' or 'Tea tree oil hair benefits.' and learn about the properties that way.

Esteemed Contributor

Just to let you know, that Lavender Oil also has quite powerful smell. This oil does provide a very calming effect. So, if you'd like it's smell, it is a good oil.

I have Lavender, TT, and I have Winter White Citrus oils. I love TT, can't say it's my favorite fragrance, but for the benefit it gives my hair and scalp, along with TT CC, I would not only tolerate the smell, I actually find it even pleasant, knowing it's a good stuff.

The WWC oil (they still have this item on Q WEN site), oh it is wonderful fragnance, not too overpowering, and wonderful experience overall as well. I love it.

For now I mostly use TT, but next treatment it's going to be probably WWC.

You may also, try to look for smaller size oil on ebay, just to try if you'd like certain scent. It's not going to be too expensive this way. But for the large size bottle and for guarantee of authenthicity and freshness, I prefer to purchase from the Q or Chaz site.

Esteemed Contributor
Thanks everyone. I do wish someone knew if all the oils work the same and just the scent is different. Try as I may, can't find an answer. Guess I'll have to call Chaz's salon and ask.
Respected Contributor

There's a thread here with the benefits of the oils:

http://community.qvc.com/forums/wen/topic/349254/benefits-of-oils.aspx

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/29/2015 MFitz said: Thanks everyone. I do wish someone knew if all the oils work the same and just the scent is different. Try as I may, can't find an answer. Guess I'll have to call Chaz's salon and ask.