Honored Contributor

LOTS OF WEN...LITTLE PAY-OFF

I've been reading other discussions & it seems we are all purchasing a lot of different CC, Styling products, etc. hoping that THIS combo or THAT combo will finally be the one that works. I've spent hundreds of dollars on products that disappointed & are in the "hair product graveyard". Why are we all so convinced that WEN is the ONLY hair system? My hair looked great before WEN came along & I've had to buy so many products to combine, mix, try different amounts, sleep in, etc. I should have left well enough alone. Have you heard that old saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I should have listened.
Respected Contributor

Re: LOTS OF WEN...LITTLE PAY-OFF

Did you take the recommender on the Chaz Dean site? If you don't like the results using Wen exclusively you should use it as a conditioner and use your favorite shampoo as your 1st cleanse. You may be happy with the results. You don't mention what type of styling products you purchased? For me, the only required Wen styling product is the styling creme since it is a heat protectant. Prior to using Wen I always used some type of heat protectant when styling my hair. I don't understand why you would spend hundred of dollars on Wen? I started out buying just the POM/SAM duo and SMC seasonal cleansing conditioners. Many of us only bought a few Wen products before we were sure that we liked it and it worked. I had great results when I first started using Wen and bought additional products a few at a time until I finally got a chance to try most core and seasonal formulas.

Regular Contributor

Who said Wen was the only hair system? It's the best I've used and works for me, but I've never read any posts claiming it's the be all - end all. Just use what works for you.
Respected Contributor

I don't use WEN, but I do read threads. It seems so pricise and complicated to me . . . you have to use the right number of pumps - not too many and not too few, the right combo of expensive products - trial and error, and in the right order. And, if that doesn't work, you have to start all over, or use in combo with a regular shampoo. Really?

OP, don't feel bad, just try another brand. You'll find something that fits your needs.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Regular Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Peaches McPhee said:

I don't use WEN, but I do read threads. It seems so pricise and complicated to me . . . you have to use the right number of pumps - not too many and not too few, the right combo of expensive products - trial and error, and in the right order. And, if that doesn't work, you have to start all over, or use in combo with a regular shampoo. Really?

OP, don't feel bad, just try another brand. You'll find something that fits your needs.

It's really no different than following a new recipe. Trust me, it's not rocket science.
Frequent Contributor

You don't have to sleep in anything or try all those different products. There are just lots of options available. Before wen I never used oils on my scalp/hair, now I do. Not because I have to, but because it is available and I tried it and I like it. Even if I go back to using kerastase for shampoo and styling, i will still keep using oils. So it is not that there is an obligation - just an option.
Respected Contributor

You can but sample packets on ebay. You can try that route before jumping into spending a ton of money. I agree if it aint broke don't fix it. I get great results with regular shampoo but everyones needs are different.

It should no be complicated. I read how people leave a wen remoist or cc in your hair for hours and hours. Girls you should not have to leave a product in your hair for hours on end to get great results. You also should not have to use a ton of pumps and rinse for ever and ever.

Chaz if you made a cleansing conditioner where you can use 1/2 the pumps you recommend now total and do only 1 cleanse and not 2 and get the same results, not to mention easier to rinse out and a tad cheaper I would use wen. Until then its just the oils I like.

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Serena-1130 said: Who said Wen was the only hair system? It's the best I've used and works for me, but I've never read any posts claiming it's the be all - end all. Just use what works for you.

THIS!

Honored Contributor

IMO - both from people I know IRL who have used WEN and those on this BB - WEN is a good product for people who have damaged hair - either from too many products or from dying or perming, swimming. However, I think that anyone who already has shiny, healthy hair it has nothing to offer.

Honored Contributor

I just gave my best friend a large bottle of this stuff. I still have the gallon jug I bought and all that's in my shower (I just can't give that away).

I love the fact that others love it. Good for them! It doesn't work for me. I have maybe 3 hairs on my head (really), I have to wear a wig.

When I don't wear the wig (which is seldom), I want some kind of fluff on those 3 hairs (wait! I think I just found a 4th hair), no false alarm.

Good for those where it works. I finally stopped buying it and usually change the channel.

Now if I can just get rid of that gallon one!.......