Super Contributor

Tea Tree - color safe & still provide volume?

I have heard that Tea Tree CC is great also for volume. I can't use the Lavender. The scent is too strong. Is the Tea Tree safe for color treated hair? My hair is red. This won't lift the color will it? Has anyone found this to be great for volume and body?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Tea Tree - color safe & still provide volume?

Have you used the Tea Tree before? If you think the LAV scent is too strong, then I would think the TT would be too strong for you too. TT has a scent that many people do not care for. I use TT because it's great for my scalp and the scent doesn't bother me. But I wouldn't say I enjoy the scent and it is strong.

It has been several years since I colored my hair and I don't recall if I was using TT at that time or not. I think I was using LAV, and maybe also a combination of TT & SAM. I do remember that WEN saved my color. With regular shampoo, even supposedly "color safe" shampoo and conditioner, I had to use an old towel the first few washes because the red would come off on the towel. I didn't have that problem with WEN.

As for volume and body--I use TT for my first cleanse and either WWC or BGT for my second cleanse and I do get good volume and body. Which is amazing, since my hair is thinning, fine and oily and has always been flat and straight as a board.

Super Contributor

Never used the TT before. I don't like the smell of Lavender.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Poppet1 said:

If you decide to try it, you might want to buy a small bottle first to make sure you are OK with the scent. Like I said, many don't like it. I don't love the scent, but it really helps my scalp, which is prone to being itchy and flaky.

Respected Contributor

On 1/24/2015 Poppet1 said:

Tea tree is a very strong scent but the scent doesn't bother me. I use it often and it is one of my favorite core formulas. I like it more than Lavender. I bought Lavender in a tsv when I was fairly new to Wen and I didn't like it at all and just mixed it with other formulas to use it up. It was too drying for my hair and I didn't like the scent of it either. I should have realized that I wouldn't like it but ordered it anyway.

Respected Contributor

I really couldn't stand the smell of the Tea Tree cc, although I can handle it better in the oil (perhaps because it's mixed with eucalyptus or because I just don't use that much). As far as color goes, I am also red/auburn and while WEN definitely helps hold my color better than any shampoo I've used, it still fades, regardless of which WEN I use (although I try to go heavier on FIG as I feel that helps the best). In Chaz's infomercial he washes the redheads TEN times and the one in WEN looks the same, but if that was me, I assure you I would not!! And I have my hair professionally colored.

Valued Contributor

Lavender was not that pleasing to me and the only Tea Tree I have used was the oil which after awhile my husband had to admit was over powering because I used it as a night treatment. Have not used the Tea Tree CC but have read wonderful reviews on it.

Since I do not have scalp issues but want something to boost hair growth plus body/volume, I have been using the Winter White Citrus oil at night for a treatment a few times a week...LOVE....and use the Winter White Citrus CC for my first cleanse and then Bamboo Green Tea for my second.

I ordered the BGT styling cream yesterday but until that gets here, I add a drop of WWC oil to my present styling cream. I also have the BGT replenishing mist....LOVE....it is a great booster for the skin in winter weather when the elements can be harsh.

My hairdresser has never asked what I use to shampoo/condition with and I have never told her but she does say my color stays true and does not turn by the time I see her again for highlights. She recommends I stay with what I am using....I would have to agree! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have red hair and have used Tea Tree. It never negatively affects my color.
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

I have used the TT and it didn't strip my color but I didn't have that issue with shampoo either and my color is blonde highlights. I know red can be trickier. But for volume and body and a pleasant scent, I strongly suggest trying summer honey peach when it becomes available again.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 HappyDaze said:

I have used the TT and it didn't strip my color but I didn't have that issue with shampoo either and my color is blonde highlights. I know red can be trickier. But for volume and body and a pleasant scent, I strongly suggest trying summer honey peach when it becomes available again.

What time frame is the SUMMER HONEY PEACH become available?