Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a bit early to ask a question about gallons, not until June, but I want to understand the actual benefit of buying WEN in gallon sizes vs. 32 oz. sizes. I don't quite understand the math here.

Please, explain it to a Newbie!

128 ounces = 1 gallon - price is about $200

32 ounces x 4 = 1 gallon - at $49-$52 a bottle - price total about $198-$208

What is the hype about gallon sizes WEN vs. 32 ounces? Is it because of shipping costs? Do gallons get free shipping on AD?

Also, how long a gallong usually lasts? I understand, this question is hard to get one answer for, given there maybe are different size families using it, and giving to consideration, quanities of other WEN CCs one may have on hand. But still, does 1 gallon gets used up aproximately in six month, or so?

Respected Contributor

....that's not something the WEN girls like to discuss...lol The amount of product you have to use and the number of add-on products must cost a fortune. It's why I have never even tried the WEN.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/21/2015 Chrystaltree said:

....that's not something the WEN girls like to discuss...lol The amount of product you have to use and the number of add-on products must cost a fortune. It's why I have never even tried the WEN.

It's okay, Chrystal tree! I don't mind to be spending "a fortune" on something I like and enjoy. I will save my money via NOT buying what I don't like and don't enjoy.

Trusted Contributor

when gallons were offered in June I believe they were around $177 plus S&H and yes the shipping on 2nd shipment was free (thanks to Team WEN). The prices of the 32oz's, as you know, depend on formula plus S&H for each one. The "hype" surrounding gallons is it may be cheaper to get a gallon of the CC you use the most...for me that would be TT. I use TT on my scalp for both cleanses about 99% of the time. And how long a gallon lasts depends on how often you cleanse and how much you use to cleanse.

live....laugh....love
Respected Contributor
On 1/21/2015 sonechko said:

It's okay, Chrystal tree! I don't mind to be spending "a fortune" on something I like and enjoy. I will save my money via NOT buying what I don't like and don't enjoy.

I would hope so. It would be silly to buy something you don't like or that doesn't work for you just because it's cheaper. But you didn't answer any of Sonechko's questions.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Bruingirl! I got it.

I asked this question earlier, trying to figure out usefullness buying in gallon sizes for later on. So I know, not to "over purchase" in March, if gallon makes much better sense to buy.

Now my task is only figure out - What IS my Favorite WEN CC? I LOVE them ALL!

But, still have time to choose one or two, before Gallons kick in!

p.s. what was (approximate) shipping for a first gallon?

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/21/2015 sonechko said:

I would hope so. It would be silly to buy something you don't like or that doesn't work for you just because it's cheaper. But you didn't answer any of Sonechko's questions.

It was me. I am sonechko. I answered your post.

My questions was to those who do use WEN longer than myself, and would have an aswer to my specific question.

I do have another question though - if you don't even ever tried the WEN, for whatever may be the reason, why the WEN community forums are of interest to you?

Honored Contributor

I'm going to buy a gallon of POM. Saving my $50 gift card I have left from buying $100 get a $25 gift card free. Wish Q did this more often. Also saving my Mr. Rebates for the gallon show in June. I should be able to buy a gallon for less then $50 when June rolls around.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow!

Please, explain who is Mr. Rebates, and who was giving away $25 gift cards for $100 purchase back then? Was it Q? or ....

Trusted Contributor

I have never bought a gallon from the Q. However, I did buy a gallon of Tea Tree from Chaz's site during the Black Friday sale. I got the gallon for about $165 with free shipping and I believe no tax either. Given the typical S&H and tax charged by the Q, I figure I saved about $80 over what I would've spent for four 32oz bottles from the Q (ordered separately, as was my previous habit). The gallon from the Q will still be cheaper than four of the 32oz bottles--I estimate the savings at about $40.

I may buy another gallon in June. I will have to see how much of my current gallon I have used up by then.