Esteemed Contributor

I love Chaz's styling things: his brush, styling creme & glossing serum, but I never used the volumizing spray before, which I just ordered.

Can you please describe how you use this? on dry or damp hair? as a refresher spray? before blow drying? as a setting spray?

Do you just use a little?

And...

Does it really give you more volume?

TIA!!

Esteemed Contributor

On one of Chaz products videos, I don't remember if it was for styling cream or for volumnizing spray, or for duo set for both, Chaz SHOWS us exactly how to use it.

Basically, when your hair is soaking wet. Apply your leave-in CC, put one pump of styling cream on the palm of your hand, then spray 5 pumps of volumnizing spray on it (for mid-length hair), rub your hands together. I noticed, how Chaz even spreads this mixture in between his fingers, because he basically uses his hands as a rake. Than rake it all through your hair, twist hair to get this stuff all soaked in.

Also you can use Volumnizing Spray on dry hair in place of hair spray. He says - just a few sprays. It works great!

You may want to watch the video on these products - you'll get the picture!

p.s. It does give good volume to my fine hair, and style stays well all day, and even the next day looks good.

Esteemed Contributor

sonechko, thank you! I did have a video up, but then my computer went kafluey. Now that you've explained that, I do remember watching him w/ the spray.

Trusted Contributor
RachB posted instructions to me and they were good. I have straight fine hair and when I soray the volumizing spray onto my dry hair, it is sticky, and does not do much other than make my roots a bit dirtier. I was not happy with the product. rachB suggested I spray 5-7 sprays into the styling cream, mix it into my palms and rake into my wet hair as I would with just the styling cream. I tried this yesterday and it definitely gave my hair more body and volume without being sticky. I say - experiment with it, watch videos and try using it different ways because one way may not work but another will! Good luck!
Super Contributor

I cleanse, use CC leave in, then 1 pump SC both while in the shower, then out of the shower after wrapping a towel around my head to soak up extra water, I use 4 - 5 pumps of mousse, comb it through (then scrunch if I'm going for more waves), then spray my hair with a few, maybe 5 or so sprays of VTS to set my air drying hair. You can use it on dry hair too as hair spray, or to set your dry styled hair. It helps my hair air dry a little faster, and helps hold the waves.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/21/2015 CAshopper2011 said: RachB posted instructions to me and they were good. I have straight fine hair and when I soray the volumizing spray onto my dry hair, it is sticky, and does not do much other than make my roots a bit dirtier. I was not happy with the product. rachB suggested I spray 5-7 sprays into the styling cream, mix it into my palms and rake into my wet hair as I would with just the styling cream. I tried this yesterday and it definitely gave my hair more body and volume without being sticky. I say - experiment with it, watch videos and try using it different ways because one way may not work but another will! Good luck!

I also prefer to use spray into wet hair together with styling cream. I don't put much of it on the roots, though. Than, even if styling only a little bit with a blowdryer ( I do try to "lift" roots with brush and hair dryer) it comes out great. I only use very little spray on dry-styled hair to keep certain strands in place, and away from my face.

I think the key for using volumnizing spray on dry, and especially fine hair, is use just a LITTLE, and maybe the distance from which you are spraying also makes difference.

Fine hair can't take too much of styling products, in my experience. But a little bit works well.

Respected Contributor
I cleanse, but never leave-in. As soon as I get out of the shower, I brush my hair and put a pump of styling cream and 5-7 sprays of the volumizing treatment spray in the palm of my hand, rub them together and take through my hair, leaving the roots and hair on top of my head for last.
Honored Contributor

I just use it as a hair spray to keep my bangs in place. I've tried spraying some into the styling cream and applying to wet hair, the way Chaz recommends, but it did nothing for me.

Respected Contributor

I mix the Replenishing mist with my SC for a leave-in. I use the Volumizing spray only as a "hairspray" on dry, styled hair.

To save some money, I water down my VTS by half. It works just as well for me that way. I tend to like every inch of my hair "sprayed", so by watering the VTS down, I can use as many sprays as I like, while still only using half as much product!

Trusted Contributor

Well, I think I went a little overboard this morning.

After my second cleanse (BGT), I added one pump of CC (16oz) as a leave-in, then I added two pumps of SC mixed with five sprays of VTS (my hair is past my shoulders). After I blow-dried my hair, I had a lot of flyaways around my face as I usually do (new growth). I smoothed them down with some texture balm. Then I went crazy and decided to spray some VTS on top of that. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

My hair stayed in place quite well. However, I noticed after I got to work that it had that crunchy hairspray feel. I ran my fingers through it and it feels soft now, with no flaky stuff flying all over like you would have with regular hairspray. Nonetheless, I think I will try to exercise more restraint next time. LOL! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}