Not applicable

Hello, I was wondering if there are any wen product specifically for grey hair? I know that there are purple shampoos for grey hair however I love my wen products and am hoping there is one or maybe one can be developed.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: wen product for grey hair

Grey, I know you are addressing this to the Wen Team, but I wanted to give you my experience.

I am about 5% grey, scattered all over my head. I use different Wen formulas, both core and seasonal.

They all brighten my greys. Wen makes my greys brilliant!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Hello Dere!

I'm going platinum. I don't like it but I don't color anymore. Wen makes it REALLY shine and all the high and low lights make it lovely. Not because it's my own hair but Wen makes all colors great. Chaz likened Wen to polishing wood. When it's highly polished all the different nuances of color come to life, this is a very good analogy. This is what Wen does. Actually in the Wen 4 infomercial, they show a woman with greyish/platinum hair and it's so beautiful from the Wen. I would say I'm 90% platinum and used to have deep brown hair with deep red pigment. I loved the brown but I hated the red pigment and I used to dye my hair black many years ago to get rid of the red but the red came through so I gave up and now I'd give anything to get rid of the platinum and take back the red pigment. (grass is always greener) Anyway, Wen is great for ALL textures and colors of hair. I'm fascinated with hair. I love looking at all the different kinds. (not that I'm nutty{#emotions_dlg.lol}) I always wanted to cut hair but getting over shyness is too difficult for me. Chaz felt this way too he said on the QVC show a few times he would cut his sister's Barbie doll's hair to experiment because he was fascinated with hair too. That's how I feel. I believe Wen will only enhance anyone's hair, any texture and any color. I've been using it for 4.5 years now and I'll never use anything else on my hair. The more I use , the better.

Respected Contributor

It is said that TT is the best formula for grey, but I use all the formulas excepting only a few and my greys are nice and bright, no yellowing. Plus, they are not coarse and unruly.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

I'm salt and pepper, mostly salt and I use all of them. I think they all make my gray sparkle but TT is really the best.
Super Contributor

My new hair came back silvery white. I've been using Bamboo Green Tea and not only is my hair growing in super-fast, I get tons of compliments on how shiny it is. I do use the styling creme and mousse as well as volumizing mist, so those may add the shine as well. I watch my hair like a hawk for the first sign of yellowing and it has not happened using Wen so far (six months).

Respected Contributor

I agree that BGT or TT is great for grey hair. I color mine now, but the texture is different when it goes grey. Both of these are excellent. I'd lean to the BGT. It rinses out better.

Respected Contributor

On 1/7/2015 Kjelle said:

It is said that TT is the best formula for grey, but I use all the formulas excepting only a few and my greys are nice and bright, no yellowing. Plus, they are not coarse and unruly.

What Kjelle said goes for me, too. I've used every formula except for Cucumber Aloe, my hair is about 50-60% silvery gray (letting highlights grow out--almost gone) and it is beautifully shiney and manageable!

Honored Contributor

On 1/8/2015 gatorgal25 said:

My new hair came back silvery white. I've been using Bamboo Green Tea and not only is my hair growing in super-fast, I get tons of compliments on how shiny it is. I do use the styling creme and mousse as well as volumizing mist, so those may add the shine as well. I watch my hair like a hawk for the first sign of yellowing and it has not happened using Wen so far (six months).

My new hair grew in salt and pepper from med brown and as straight and uncurling as ever now, as well as much thinner but using the lavender seems to have really revved it up. It seems to be growing faster and filling in now. Finally!!!

Super Contributor

Last hair trim the stylist cut the last of my colored hair off so I'm finally 100% natural in all shades of grey ranging from silver to medium grey. The texture of my hair has changed from baby fine with no body to medium texture with body and a slight wave. I still use TT first cleanse but I don't need fig as much so I either mix or alternate with Lav and 613 for second cleanse. My silver and grey is bright and I agree with sjk73, WEN makes the color better and gives great shine and highlights to my hair.