Super Contributor

for those who think WEN is expensive....

I saw a flyer featuring Living Proof - 24 ounces for $60 and THEN you have to buy the conditioner for another $60.

I have used some of the styling products - I like them, but they are really pricey and I am not sure they are that great of a value.

Makes WEN look even better.

Just sharing.

Michele

Respected Contributor

Re: for those who think WEN is expensive....

I went from using Tressemme products to using WEN...talk about sticker shock! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

BUT, it's doing my hair so much good that, for me, the extra cost is worth it. I used to buy Philosophy body washes, but have gone back to Caress to save money for my WEN. The body washes smelled good, but weren't doing my skin any more good than the cheaper stuff, so they really were money down the drain! WEN, on the other hand, smells good and is making my hair gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

I have no perm, no color. Keep my hair short and have it trimmed every six weeks. Most days I do not even blow dry so I feel I do not need such a costly product. I use 2 in 1 from the Dollar Tree.

Honored Contributor

But back when I was using shampoo and conditioner a set that size would last me probably a year and my hair was usually between bra strap and waist then. You just can't compare having to use a coin size worth of product to a handful.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I wouldn't buy either one of them. I just don't spend that much on hair care products.

Respected Contributor

If you used salon products prior to Wen that Wen isn't anymore expensive. Although, you can sometimes find salon products on sale so they may be a bit less expensive. I also cleanse my hair less often using Wen. Prior to Wen I would cleanse everyday and with Wen just cleanse 2 or 3 times a week. I have never used living proof but this product is definitely very expensive. I still want to try tweaked since I have read so many good reviews on this product.

Esteemed Contributor

Wen saves me money because I'm no longer looking for the next best thing.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

On 1/5/2015 ncascade said:

I have no perm, no color. Keep my hair short and have it trimmed every six weeks. Most days I do not even blow dry so I feel I do not need such a costly product. I use 2 in 1 from the Dollar Tree.

Wow! You sound just like me. If I had to spend all the money that some people seem to spend on their hair with styling products, appliances, etc. I would buy a couple of good quality wigs instead.

Respected Contributor

I feel my money will be here when I'm gone. I'm gonna have what I want. Wen CANNOT be beat and I've tried everything out there. It took help to get rid of countless boxes of all kinds of stuff I bought from Italy, Argentina, stuff I could not get on line only in salons, products from Asia that had no English on them and by the way, I burnt my scalp using one of these products. Products in tubes like test tubes, jars, bottles not to mention all the stuff that was cheap saying they're just as good as anything out there, just anything I could get on line and in salons and nothing worked. It drove my husband crazy until I found Wen and my search was over. Wen replaces a myriad of products so that's saving to me. I love Wen Men. I can cleanse my hair and body and use it as a leave in, conditioner, detangler, shave cream, just whatever. I would not use anything else. I don't care about the money. It's one product that really works. It just depends on the person. I was always fascinated with hair like Chaz said he was. I enjoy having my hair clean and soft and bouncy. It's down to my waist and I don't color it. It's turning platinum and I don't like that but Wen to the rescue! It makes even my platinum hair look great with the deep luster and high and low lights that nothing else could bring to my hair. I'm a female and I just feel for myself that the enjoyment and aromatherapy I get from Wen is worth it. It soothes and refreshes, really. It has a calming affect when you sit in the tub and soak in it. My skin is so hydrated and soft like velvet, I love it!

Valued Contributor

Wen for my bf actually is about the same $ from the drug store shampoo/conditioner he was using previously. I got him Wen Men when it launched (but didn't give it to him until October/November sometime) & he still has 75% of the 32oz bottle left! At this rate he'll only have to buy 2 bottles a year. So that's about $10 a month for him.

Wen for me is cheaper because I don't have to use all of the extra products to rehydrate my hair. I also save on hair cuts because I don't need to get it done as often. On top of Wen CC, I always use the styling creme (heat styling or air dry), mousse for when I air dry, and oil's every now & then for my scalp.

I understand that Wen isn't for everyone, but I am very happy with the results I have gotten!