Trusted Contributor

WEN Tea Tree Eucalyptus Treatment Oil--different ingredients

I purchased Tea Tree Oil from the Chaz Dean Black Friday sale. I noticed it smells different than my QVC Tea Tree Oil. There are some different ingredients on the 2 bottles. The one from the Chaz Dean site does not list tea tree oil as an ingredient. Does anyone have any insight into this? My WEN TT oil came from the August 2013 TSV kit. Thanks!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Re: WEN Tea Tree Eucalyptus Treatment Oil--different ingredients

hmm- not sure. I have a few 2oz and 4 oz TT Oils that I got from the Q and I just checked them with the ingredients listed on the Chaz Dean website and they are the same. It could be that the TT you just received is a fresher smell than the one from 2013.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 untitled said:

hmm- not sure. I have a few 2oz and 4 oz TT Oils that I got from the Q and I just checked them with the ingredients listed on the Chaz Dean website and they are the same. It could be that the TT you just received is a fresher smell than the one from 2013.

I can't seem to find the ingredients on the Chaz Dean site, but listed on the back of the bottle from there are: organic jojoba seed oil, sesame seed oil, olive fruit oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, organic argan oil, abyssinian oil, essential oil blend, pomegranate oil, rosemary leaf oil, grapefruit peel oil, tocopherol. I am wondering of the tea tree oil is in the "essential oil blend". Thanks for the response!
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 BExplorer said:

I can't seem to find the ingredients on the Chaz Dean site, but listed on the back of the bottle from there are: organic jojoba seed oil, sesame seed oil, olive fruit oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, organic argan oil, abyssinian oil, essential oil blend, pomegranate oil, rosemary leaf oil, grapefruit peel oil, tocopherol. I am wondering of the tea tree oil is in the "essential oil blend". Thanks for the response!

Those are the ingredients for the Pomegranate/Rosemary oil. The POM/Rosemary oil has a red label and sweet smelling, with a hint of rosemary. Is that what you received? Instead of the Tea Tree/Eucalyptus?

Trusted Contributor

FYI- if you go to shop by formula and then the oil and then click on the magnifying glass at the top right-hand corner you will see ingredients.

Trusted Contributor

Well, it is definitley the green TT label. POM is one of the few oils I have not tried, but what I have does not smell like your description. It does smell like TT, but with another not so pleasant scent. It sounds like the POM oil ingredients got printed on the TT oil label? I actually ordered 2 TT oils from the Chaz Dean site and both ingreidents are listed the same--with no TT oil. Thanks for your response, DoxieMomma!
Trusted Contributor

FYI- if you go to shop by formula and then the oil and then click on the magnifying glass at the top right-hand corner you will see ingredients.

Okay, thanks!
Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 BExplorer said: Well, it is definitley the green TT label. POM is one of the few oils I have not tried, but what I have does not smell like your description. It does smell like TT, but with another not so pleasant scent. It sounds like the POM oil ingredients got printed on the TT oil label? I actually ordered 2 TT oils from the Chaz Dean site and both ingreidents are listed the same--with no TT oil. Thanks for your response, DoxieMomma!

If you've tried the POM CC, the oil is similar, but without the smell of the menthol (and the addition of the rosemary, which mellows out the sweetness of the Pomegranate). Tea Tree is a pretty distinct smell, so it sounds like you received the correct product, but it might be mislabeled.

I would contact the salon, if there is an identifying batch mark on your bottles, then they could trace through production to see if there were any issues.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/22/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 12/22/2014 BExplorer said: Well, it is definitley the green TT label. POM is one of the few oils I have not tried, but what I have does not smell like your description. It does smell like TT, but with another not so pleasant scent. It sounds like the POM oil ingredients got printed on the TT oil label? I actually ordered 2 TT oils from the Chaz Dean site and both ingreidents are listed the same--with no TT oil. Thanks for your response, DoxieMomma!

If you've tried the POM CC, the oil is similar, but without the smell of the menthol (and the addition of the rosemary, which mellows out the sweetness of the Pomegranate). Tea Tree is a pretty distinct smell, so it sounds like you received the correct product, but it might be mislabeled.

I would contact the salon, if there is an identifying batch mark on your bottles, then they could trace through production to see if there were any issues.

Yes, I have tried the POM CC so am familiar with the scent of it. I will contact the salon tomorrow. It's no problem for me if it's just mislableled Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

Here are the ingredients listed on Chaz's site:

Organic Jojoba Seed Oil
• Sesame Seed Oil
• Olive Fruit Oil
• Coco-Caprylate/Caprate
• Organic Argan Oil
• Abyssinian Oil
• Tea Tree Leaf Oil
• Rosemary Leaf Oil
• Peppermint Oil
• Eucalyptus Oil
• Tocopherol

I also have a 2oz bottle of TT (from a previous TSV) and the ingredients on the bottle are the same as on Chaz's site.

I think the TT oil is part of the "essential oil blend" that's listed on your bottle.

live....laugh....love