Contributor
I have been using the FAS since September. I loved the moisture and although the scent was a bit loud I liked it. I liked it enough to purchase a second 32 ounce before it was gone for the year. The first month or so I used it sparingly as I was attempting to use up other scents that were all over my shower. After using all but a couple scents I used it almost every wash for a month or so. I started having major hair fall out. My hair looked drab and coated. I did try the clarifying and then the FAS and it did help with the looks of my hair but the hair shedding continued. I finally emptied the first 32 and replaced it with the new Winter White Citrus. My hair loss immediately slowed to a normal amount. What's the deal? Has anyone else had any trouble with the FAS?
Super Contributor

I've never experienced fall out with any wen scent. I really like fas though. The scent to me is really nice. I like that I can smell it on my hair hours or even the next day afer I wash. I have noticed that It can make my hair weighed down if I use it for both cleanses or if I use it for many consecutive washes. Ill use tea tree or bgt for my first cleanse and then usually a seasonal for the second. Right now I have wvm, fas, ftp seasonals open and in the shower. I dont usually use the same mixture more than once a week. I've also noticed that wvm will weigh me down the same way. Ftp is a great formula. Never weighs the hair down and it smells great too. How is the wwc? Sounds like its a lighter formula too. Trying to cut down on inventory here at home so trying not to purchase for a little while!!

Trusted Contributor

FAS is my favorite seasonal formula, I love the scent, performance, everything! I've used Wen for a few years and have never noticed any additional shedding, and certainly not with one particular formula. The only one I've had an issue with was Fall Ginger Pumpkin, it caused my scalp to i*t*c*h and break out in red bumps. I stopped using it and the bumps went away. I was able to finish up the 16 oz FGP by using it on the length of my hair and keeping it away from my scalp. It could be that you were having a reaction to some of the ingredients in the FAS.

Also, keep in mind that it could be completely unrelated to FAS, it could have been several other things that could have caused it, not just a particular formula of Wen.

Although, since you say your hair was "drab and coated" when using it exclusively, it sounds like it's not the best choice for you. Hope you're getting better results with the new winter formula!

Respected Contributor

I don't think that any particular Wen formula should cause your hair to fall out. I would say that you could be allergic to some of the ingredients but not if you have been using it since September. I also couldn't comment on FAS since it is the only formula that I tried and used a couple of times and gave it to a friend. The scent was overpowering and gave me a headache similar to what I will also experience with body products or fragrances that I can't tolerate.

Respected Contributor

Here we go again.

Contributor
On 12/16/2014 sjk73 said:

Here we go again.

What?
Regular Contributor

FAS is the Most beloved or Most hated formula on these boards. I fall into the beloved category and cannot understand why this particular formula seems to garner the most intense emotional responses. I am considering the 5 pc set because it offers the FAS! Excessive hair shedding? I have never experienced this with any of the Wen formulas. sjk73, makes me long for the month of June Wink!

Respected Contributor
On 12/16/2014 123lollo said:

FAS is the Most beloved or Most hated formula on these boards. I fall into the beloved category and cannot understand why this particular formula seems to garner the most intense emotional responses. I am considering the 5 pc set because it offers the FAS! Excessive hair shedding? I have never experienced this with any of the Wen formulas. sjk73, makes me long for the month of June Wink!

OH I love FAS too!...it really just makes your hair "bounce" you can feel the richness even more than others I think...use FTP for your leave in, FTP RTM, you have your own new "scent"...and great hair...Smiley Happy

Contributor
On 12/16/2014 123lollo said:

I never had any major hair loss with Wen until I was using FAS mostly daily either. I have been using Wen since only July 2014. I just wonder if my hair was getting to much protein and/or conditioning with FAS. It seems heavier than the other CC but that could be because it is heavy scented. I have another 32 ounce bottle so I won't be giving it up but maybe just use on occasion because I had better luck with occasional use.
Contributor

This is the only Wen that I took one sniff and it went directly to the garbage. I couldn't get that sweet smell that had 0 apple scent to it out of my nose for days!