Not applicable

New user with a lot of questions!

I just purchased the wen seasonal pack when it was on special. I actually purchased 2 and have it on auto renewal. I ordered 2 because I was afraid I'd run out. A little info on. My hair, it is just below the shoulder, thin but a lot of it, has a bit of curl/wave and color treated. I wear my hair different ways, sometimes straight(with a flat iron), sometimes curled with a curling iron and then sometimes the natural curl with a bit of help from products and diffuser. So, here's my questions: 1. Should I have not ordered the seasonals? I've done some reading that they are a different formula. I've used it twice now, and it seems to be good. 2. are you not supposed to use styling tools (I use hairdryer, flat iron or curling iron) I can't imagine walking out with wet hair and would think my hair would take forever to dry. 3. What do you use to hold your hair style? If I was to curl my hair, the curl would fall out almost Immediately with no hairspray. 4. I currently only bought the cleansing conditioner and wanted to give that a try, before investing in a lot of other products. But, I don't want it to not help if I amusing other non wen products to get the style I want. thoughts? Oh my gosh, I know I have more questions, but those are the only ones popping in my head! I appreciate your help!
Respected Contributor

Re: New user with a lot of questions!

Regular Contributor

Hi welcome to Wen! 1. The seasonals contain protein, and have a similar formula to the pomegranate. I personally love the seasonals because there are so many different formulas and they smell so good! The seasonal set was a great way to go to try different formulas, since each one is slightly different. 2. I still use my hair dryer and straightener. You should make sure you use some form of heat protection. That's what Chaz made the styling cream for, and I highly recommend getting that. 3. I don't use these, but the volumizing treatment spray and the mousse are made for hold. I've heard the volumizing treatment spray is the Wen version of hairspray, so you might want to look into that. 4. I definitely recommend using the Wen styling products. This way you know you aren't going to have product build up, because the Wen products do not contain ingredients that won't be easily removed by the cleansing conditioner. For myself, I use the cleansing conditioner, replenishing treatment mist, and styling cream. I do have an oil but only because I got it as part of an OTO. You're off to a great start with the cleansing conditioner. Remember to use some as a leave in, and always use heat protection, and you should be good!
Honored Contributor

Hello, I have similar hair to you just a bit longer and mine is thick not thin. The seasonals are more moisturizing. I just started with my first one after starting with Fig as my core one and I love it. I don't think you went wrong especially if you are heat styling. I believe other than a blow dryer CD says no heat styling ever. My hair is curly so I always air dry it as is and honestly, as thick and long as it is, it only takes about 2 hours to completely dry. Your hair might be less if you want to try it natural sometime. I use the styling creme and glossing serum when it's wet followed by mousse and then about halfway through the air dry, I hit it with the volumizing treatment spray and my curls stay for three days. I worked up to this and bought a different styling product either as a kit or on its own to try. If you decide Wen is working for you and want to delve further, you can always buy the additional products later and you do get a 30 day return guarantee from QVC if you decide it's not for you. I find QVC even with the s&h is the best value for most of his items. Amazon has a few smaller ones as add-ons that are pretty cheap too. Good Luck!
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the Wen forum.

The thing about the seasonals is you never know if they will come back. I bought them because I missed the opportunity to buy Spring Orange Blossom but it turned out that my fav is the Summer Honey Peach even though I don’t like the smell of fruit, sweet or floral, go figure. My husband has no problem with the universal cc but I find they tend to dry out my hair if I use them as a standalone. So I use them mixed or by themselves in my second cleans. I love them and would buy them again.

What I would suggest you do, is call customer service and see if they can change your AD to the core cc. I know they said you couldn’t, but it is worth a shot anyway. On any AD people change their minds and you never know on any given day if what you want is available because of cancelations. The core CC would help you find what works better for your hair type.

Universal cc are (If I remember correctly)

POM =Pomegranate

SAM =Sweet Almond Mint

Not sure about the BGT = Bamboo Green Tea.

All the seasonals.

For damaged hair Fig, 613 and Re-Moist do best for repair and moister.

Chaz throughout the year will have TSV, which are the best value for core cc plus will give you the chance to try other products like oils, mousse and….

RTM =Replenishing Treatment Mist (spritzer) I use this also to set my makeup.

VTS =Volumizing Treatment Spray (this replaces your hair spray)

RM =Re-Moist (this is great for damaged hair)

GS =Glossing Serum

SC =styling cream. I use this most every time I cleans, it help take out the frizz (I live in a very humid area) and it protects my hair from the heat of styling tools. If you are going to use them test and see how hot they are. I test with the tips of my fingers on my hot rollers and curling iron. I let them cool off a bit before I use them on my hair and when I use my hairdryer, I keep it in constant motion far away enough from my hair to dry but not so close it burns.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

Cleansing Conditioner Recommender

http://chazdean.com/recommender/

Occasional Contributor

This won't answer your styling questions but I also have fine hair down to my shoulder blades and it's very straight. I take a shower and wash my hair at night then it air dries when I sleep (about 6 hours). When I wake up in the morning it's dry.

Although Chaz's site says that fine hair should use Lavender and that fine hair doesn't need as much moisture mine loves the more moisturizing formulas and I even use 3/4 to 1 pump of 613 (from 32 oz) as my leave in.

I love the seasonals although for my first cleanse I use Tea Tree and Cucumber Aloe with a pump or two of 613. Second cleanse is a seasonal also with a pump or two of 613 then I mix my leave in with styling cream (2-3 pumps). Since my hair is so straight I don't do any styling. The only curling iron that seems to work (and curls stay all day) is the Beachwaver when it's set at 350 degrees. Since I'm more concerned about having my hair in it's best condition I rarely curl it. I tend to just put a comb through it and either use a headband or clip to hold the bangs aside. Once I comb through my hair the little bit of body I have is gone and it's stick straight - no straightener needed.