Trusted Contributor

I've seen some brand called Hair One come up when searching online for WEN before. Are there lots of other WEN imitators out there? Tonight I went to get my hair trimmed at a SuperCuts and they had a big display of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree brand shampoo and conditioner. I think it's regular shampoo, not really WEN-like at all. But the scent names and the bottles made me think they are trying to sort of trade on the WEN trend--Tea Tree, Lemon Sage, Lavender Mint.

Super Contributor

There are several companies just recently coming out with "cleansing conditioners", Hair One is one of them. And lots are adding a bit of essential oils to their regular shampoos, etc, as a nod to those that want to use more natural products.

Honored Contributor
I used Hair One when I was exploring this new way to clean your hair. It does work and I got pretty good results. It made me confident to put out the money on Wen. I prefer Wen because you can just tell it has more in it for your hair and I think my hair comes out nicer. But it was a nice start. Loreal also makes a very cheap cc and that was good too for when I was out of Wen and awaiting another order.
Respected Contributor
On 12/13/2014 Laura14 said: I used Hair One when I was exploring this new way to clean your hair. It does work and I got pretty good results. It made me confident to put out the money on Wen. I prefer Wen because you can just tell it has more in it for your hair and I think my hair comes out nicer. But it was a nice start. Loreal also makes a very cheap cc and that was good too for when I was out of Wen and awaiting another order.

I also used Hair One prior to using Wen. The Hair One product is a decent product and the reason that I decided to try Wen. Prior to using Wen I tried sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and decided that it was a step in the right direction. I did also try the Loreal cc but didn't like this product at all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/cleansing-conditioners_n_4546331.html

This is an article about cleansing conditioners and it mentions several with varying prices.

Respected Contributor

Chaz does a demo on the show of a product that CLAIMS to be like Wen but the girl can't get the comb through it. I've read reviews about hair you know what and they liked it at first but then the hair got too dried out. There's only one Wen for me but hey, if anything else works for anyone else, go for it. I feel if Wen hair is that important to you then Wen.

Esteemed Contributor

When I first started using Wen and didn't time my deliveries very well, I used Hair One to get me through until the next delivery. It works fine in a pinch. I still have the Jojoba one and use it when I run out of Wen TT.

Another knock off is Renpure. That shows up when I search for Wen on Amazon. I haven't tried it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor
On 12/13/2014 susan25 said:
On 12/13/2014 Laura14 said: I used Hair One when I was exploring this new way to clean your hair. It does work and I got pretty good results. It made me confident to put out the money on Wen. I prefer Wen because you can just tell it has more in it for your hair and I think my hair comes out nicer. But it was a nice start. Loreal also makes a very cheap cc and that was good too for when I was out of Wen and awaiting another order.

I also used Hair One prior to using Wen. The Hair One product is a decent product and the reason that I decided to try Wen. Prior to using Wen I tried sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner and decided that it was a step in the right direction. I did also try the Loreal cc but didn't like this product at all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/cleansing-conditioners_n_4546331.html

This is an article about cleansing conditioners and it mentions several with varying prices.

Exactly my story too. I found one of the loreal cc did very well for me. I think it's the curly hair version. I actually liked it better than Hair One but I also tried another one which I didn't like at all. Now that I am finally committed to Wen and stocked up thanks to TSVs, they are emergency hanger ons only. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I can't comment, from experience, on any of the fakes except for the Salon Grafix Conditioning Cleanser (don't you love how they flipped the name?). My advice would be to RUN and not even think about it for a millisecond.

About 3-4 months after I started using WEN, my daughter finally tried it and loved it. With two users in the house I was concerned about the expense. A short time later, I happened to see a Walgreen's ad. It was really enticing. They were selling the Salon Grafix product on a Buy One, Get TWO Free, and the one was only $7.99 for a 12 oz. bottle! I thought I hit pay dirt! I got on the Walgreen's website and ordered a bunch of it. A few days later my BOXES of "conditioning cleanser" arrived. I was eager to try it so the next morning was going to be the day. I got in the shower, all proud of myself thinking I was really on to something. The first thing I noticed was the scent. It was supposed to be a citrus, but to me it wasn't pleasant at all, but I continued. The second I applied the product to my head and tried to rub it around, I knew I made a mistake. My hair was a tangled, snarled mess. I had to work and work to get my WEN comb through it. Not only that, my hair was immediately zapped of moisture. Even with a creamy product on my hair, I could feel that my hair was suddenly dry and straw like. I persevered and finished drying and styling my hair and it was obviously changed from my WEN hair. When my daughter tried it, she had a similar experience. So, my attempt to save money and get the same result was an epic failure. I'm not one to return used beauty or makeup products so we pitched the opened bottles. I hauled the rest of the supply back to Walgreen's and got my money back. I learned my lesson that you get what you pay for.

Super Contributor

Found a product called REN in the drugstore. Inexpensive so I gave it a try.

Awful stuff. So thick, it had to be scooped out of the bottle. Impossible to rinse out, so I had to re-shampoo.

My daughter tells me there's a process called "cocktailing"---simply mix shampoo and conditioner. Kind of hit or miss, and doesn't have the true Lavender scent.

Lavender WEN and a once-a-month haircut are a splurge but if I had to economize, I'd give up cable tv before hair maintenance.

Respected Contributor

I tried Hair One from Sally's and almost "didn't" try WEN because of it..besides with WEN you get the benefit of all the education on the product Chaz offers and the idea's from women here to help you out.... For me I don't feel I use more than other products, I used a shampoo before, conditioner, hair masks, etc..if you watch the TSV's and other promotions you can stock up at a good price...I wouldn't trade WEN for any product..Smiley Happy