Respected Contributor

I Am Trying WEN for the 3rd Time "hope it's a charm"

I really, really want to like this stuff!!

I just got the TSV today and watched the video......someone please tell me that all that work cleansing and rinsing will be worth it!

Rinse, rinse, rinse....pump, pump, pump ...apply product in sections....comb thru with wide side....comb thru with small side....rinse, rinse, and rinse some more......then do it again??????

I'm not sure if I have that much time in my day. I feel like I have to set my alarm a half hour earlier. {#emotions_dlg.scared} And it seems like I have to use so much product.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Respected Contributor

Re: I Am Trying WEN for the 3rd Time ""hope it's a charm""

It does take a little bit longer to cleanse your hair in the morning but it is worth it. I have been using Wen since August, 2013 and I am very happy with the results and the improved condition of my hair. I hope that you like it and the current TSV is a great value and a great way of trying many different formulas.

Valued Contributor

First off, if you find it doesn’t work for you, send it back.

If you do not use the recommended pumps your hair will most likely feel and look greasy. This may take some experimentation and time, but once you find out how many pumps works best for your hair the rest is easy.

You cannot use to much, only to little, and I find it does help divide the pumps in half for a second cleanse.

Don’t forget the splash of water to get it good and frothy.

My husband had results after just one cleanse it took me about a month.

Good luck.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for responding Susan. I know I didn't give it a chance the first 2 times....I am determined to make this work!

And yes, the value is great!

I got the classic scents can you switch to the seasonal during the course of the A-D?

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Trusted Contributor

I have been using WEN for a few years now, but still don't think I've gotten my best possible results. One thing I recall clearly from when I first started using WEN is that I didn't use enough and would sometimes miss spots and they would still be greasy when I finished. Even after figuring that out, I still wasn't using enough. I feel like I'm just now starting to figure out how to use WEN to best advantage. I'm now convinced that a second cleanse is important (which I usually didn't do). Adding the water and massaging it in until you achieve a sort of frothiness seems to be important too. As is rinsing well. And I think using cooler water helps too.

The biggest reason that I wasn't using enough of the product in the past is because I was worried about the cost and how fast I would use it up. I hate to say it, but I feel like if you are worried about the cost of the product to the extent that you don't use as much as the directions say, then you probably are just wasting your money. I'm not going to say that you have to commit to buying ALL the styling and treatment products. But I think to get significant results, you have to be willing and able to commit to using the cleansing conditioner the way the directions say.

Just my two cents, speaking as a person who has done it the wrong way many times.

Respected Contributor

I have short hair....similar to Jane Traecy. How many pumps of this side bottle should I use for my first wash and then my second?

In the video he says to split up the total pumps.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/9/2014 Lotus~ said:

I have short hair....similar to Jane Traecy. How many pumps of this side bottle should I use for my first wash and then my second?

In the video he says to split up the total pumps.

Honestly, I admit to being unscientific about the process. I don't count pumps, but I use an overabundance of product these days. I have long(ish) and oily hair, so I tend to use a great heaping handful on the first cleanse and a bit less on the second cleanse. I stop when I feel like I have full coverage and then start adding water and massaging. I'm sure one of the more expert ladies here can answer you with more specifics.

Valued Contributor

Chaz's site says 10-16 pumps for short hair. I don’t need that many pumps as my hair is very fine and sparse. I only need to cleans twice a week with Wen and my hair looks much fuller now.

Honored Contributor

I don't spend anymore time in the shower than I did pre-wen. My mom always told me to rinse well after shampooing and conditioning but no I don't spend 5 or 10 minutes rinsing, that would be crazy. I also experimented with the amount to use and now I can eyeball it and just blob it in my hand and work it in then add a little more and that works for me. I don't like things to be fussy (skincare, haircare, bodycare, etc) so if it was taking me a longer time in the shower I would have given up on it by now, I just don't have the patience. I know some do spend more time but I don't have to luckily. I have long hair, currently to my tailbone. I also don't need all the extra products but I have alot of hair and it naturally has enough volume for my taste. I will use remoist as a leave in once in awhile but that is about it.

Good luck and I hope third times a charm! I don't think I'd even try that many times to make something work, lol! You didn't say why you gave up the first two times though?

Trusted Contributor

I agree about making sure you use enough and split the recommended pumps in 2. It really doesn't take much longer...just remember it is like using a shampoo and conditioner, but only needing 1 product . I didn't use enough in the beginning and it wasn't good. Once I got my pumps right And using that splash to bloom it I had great results. After about 6 months it just wasn't right again. Finally figured out after reading on here.....it was because my hair was much thicker and longer so I needed more!! Now I have a good stash from TSV and OTO and I use more than I probably need.....Just in case! LOL. If you have a chance, do the recommender on chazdean dot com and start with that CC and try to use it exclusively for a few weeks. Also Chaz says to use it everyday or every other day in the beginning so your scalp neutralizes if I remember right. And there are videos and his salon # on the bottles. I called them and they are really nice and helpful. Good luck and ask questions here. You have till the end of January and more than enough CC now to really experiment!