Frequent Contributor
I love the conditioning of the Wen products and have bought it two or three times for the conditioning. The methol tears me up though, itches and cause some hair loss. I'm not Wen bashing, Arbonne products with menthol does it to me also. The bottles of Wen that I had, I used as a conditioner only not letting it touch my scalp and it did fine, I just couldn't justify the expense for just a conditioner. I'm hoping Wen kids will work on my adult hair, what do you think? Any adult Wen kids users out there? If it doesn't work on me, I guess my two grand babies will become Wenners. I'll probably use it on them at bath time even if it works for me. We will share. Smiley Happy)
Honored Contributor

Re: WEN kids, any adult users?

Personally, I'm not fond of WEN Kids for myself, but I know I've read of users here that like it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I really like Wen kids. No menthol means it actually smells good and it's tear free and it leaves your hair clean without too much protein. For my hair it's a nice balance of moisture and body. If your hair is really dry and damaged it likely won't have enough moisture for you but for normal hair it's great. When it first came out I hadn't been using Wen that long and I did need more moisture for my ends so I used it for the first cleanse and then Fig or a seasonal for my second. Now I can use it alone and it works great.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Super Contributor

I like them better than the menthol ones!
Respected Contributor

I am crazy for Wen Kids but I use it in very specific circumstances. I have medium thick but fine, curly, shoulder length hair. Occasionally I wake up to lots of tangles. I find WEN kids really helps when I have wild bed head.

I'm not sure if I used it alone, if it would be moisturizing enough. Typically I'll use it as part of my first cleanse -- TT or SAM on my crown and WEN kids on the length to smooth tangles. Other times, if my hair is just a little tangled, I'll use it as a leave-in. Love the scent of the watermelon and my comb slides through like magic.

Honored Contributor

That is true it is great for hair that tends to tangle. My hair is medium texture, wavy and past my hips. Before Wen I used products designed to smooth the hair and reduce volume. I almost always use kids as my leave now.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I'm an adult and I love Wen Kids! Even more so than all the other formulas.

Super Contributor

I am! In fact the only Wen gallon I've ever bought is Wen Kids Strawberry Banana. I've tried all three Kids formulas and found this one the most hydrating.

I find the Kids formulas froth up really well and rinse easily, and for that reason I usually use it for my first cleanse.

The Kids scents are more vibrant, I'd say, from the other Wen formula. Still smell great but more candy-like, so if that doesn't concern you then definitely try them!