Super Contributor

WEN oils are they wheat/gluten free??

Does anyone know if the WEN oils are wheat/gluten free? Some oils have vitamin E which is made from wheat germ. Having celiac disease and high allergic would not be a good thing.

Does Chaz give directions on how to use these oils? I have long thick hair well past my shoulders.

Do any of you make your own oils - would you mind sharing your recipes? Thanks ladies for your time Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: WEN oils are they wheat/gluten free??

Quite a few of the ladies make their own oils. I know there are threads here on the forum about it. Maybe someone remembers the name of one.

I am doubting the oils are wheat and gluten free bc next year there will be rice based oils introduced. Someone correct me if need be.

The oils can be used as an overnight scalp treatment - 4 dropperfuls on the scalp and massaged in. Cleanse out in the morning. I use a lesser amount every other night and massage in especially in cold weather once the heat comes on. However, being AA, I don't need to cleanse it out in the morning. Some people use a half dropper (quantity?) as part of their leave-in as well. I think there is another thread somewhere with all the uses for oils we have all found.

If I find one of these threads, I post it.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

"My carrier oil base is 50% jojoba, 25% pure argan oil and 25% sweet almond oil. For my TT blend I add 30 drops each of tea tree essential oil, rosemary essential oil and sweet orange essential oil per ounce of carrier oil." - Courtesy of jax's mom -

Search "oil uses" in the WEn forum to find a Uses for TT Oil thread

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Thank you Kjelle Smiley Happy Much much appreciated Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

If you are extremely sensitive to gluten, it would be good for you to contact Chaz' salon and ask what the source of their vitamin E is. Not all vitamin E is from wheat germ. And check with your doctor.

And rice is gluten-free, so a rice based oil should be safe for you.

Honored Contributor

I make my own oil blends. I use jojoba oil as a carrier oil because it is the most similar to The body's natural sebum (body oil). You can also use other carrier oils such as sweet almond oil or avocado oil. -- The general safe ratio is 95% carrier oil to NO MORE THAN a total of 5% essential oils (e.g. tea tree, lavender oil, etc). -- If there is a Trader Joe's in your area, they sell 4oz jojoba oil for $8 and 1oz tea tree oil for $6 ( which are excellent prices). Vitamin Shoppes sell emply glass dropper botlles for $4 by Bach (Bach manufactures Rescue Remedy and other floral essences). -- CAUTION: always first skin test your mixture on a less sensitive part of your body (e.g. Your leg or arm). Leave it on for a few hours to make sure it doesn't seem to irritate your skin. Everyone's body reacts differently to essential oils which can irritate the skin. HTH, bebeSmiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

I heard Chaz this morning say that his products were gluten free.

Super Contributor

Thank you ladies...in Southern VT my Trader Joes is about 100 miles one way unless I want to venture in to Masachusetts - traffic with multiple lanes not something I like. I might check Amazon, Swanson vitamins or Vitacost. Bummer I was just up north visiting my daughter and grandson...looks like another excuse to visit them again Smiley Happy

Thank you so much ladies, got some tendinitis in my hands so painful to type. God bless, be well Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 12/6/2014 Shogirl said:

I heard Chaz this morning say that his products were gluten free.

Not all of them are. Some have wheat protein.