Super Contributor

Bamboo Green Tea - what great things has this done for your hair?

I'm thinking of trying this. I currently use the Pomegrante. I have color-treated baby fine hair. I need volume at my root. Will this help? I am really liking the Pomegrante but would like to try other products too. What benefits has BGT brought to your hair? Thoughts? Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Bamboo Green Tea - what great things has this done for your hair?

It gives me a lot of volume. I like how it rinses out and I like the fact it has no menthol. I am a convert; tea tree was my go-to before.

Respected Contributor

I really enjoy the scent of Bamboo but it made my hair GROW!!!! I have two gallons I haven't opened BUT.....drum roll..BBBBBBBBBBB alas, my love affair with Bamboo has a new rival. WEN MEN TA DA!!!! actually I'm a female. I KNEW I would love Wen Men before I even tried it and when I tried it I was in love with it. Chaz is right, he said it's for men and it has masculine smell but I feel it's unisex. The scent and the results just are for me. It makes my skin like velvet. The scent reminds me of a fresh hair cut. Now scent is a very personal thing and I imagine a lot of females may not like it but as for me? I WILL NOT be without it. Excuse me, poster....CHAZ!!! Thank you that Wen Men is not fleeting!!! Okay, I'm back. Nice post, Poppet1. xo Good thread!

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the scent. It was heaven.

My hair turned bipolar when I used it. I didn't rebuy.

sjk, my cologne of choice is Bulgari Man in Black. I wear it every day!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

No great things. It made my hair feel dry, even when I mixed it with Fig. I will not repurchase.

Honored Contributor

On 12/1/2014 Campion said:

It gives me a lot of volume. I like how it rinses out and I like the fact it has no menthol. I am a convert; tea tree was my go-to before.

Me too. TT is always my first cleanse, but BGT has become my favorite 2nd mixed with SHP or 613 if I'm feeling dry.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

On 12/1/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

No great things. It made my hair feel dry, even when I mixed it with Fig. I will not repurchase.

I've only used it a little bit, but this was my initial reaction as well. But I do enjoy the scent of the RTM.

Super Contributor

I ordered the september tsv in tt and bgt. Bgt smells great and works with my hair very well. Volume and moisture are perfect for my highlighted hair. I also ordered the rtm duo and love them. Great for second day hair. I love how bgt smells in the shower. It also rinses well. Never feels heavy. This is one of my staple.

Honored Contributor

I like the bamboo green tea the best of all the WEN flavors as I call them, it makes my fine hair feel and look fuller. I also use Nick Chavez yucca shampoo and his leave in conditioner and a new product from Dennis Simeoni a cc foam called tweak-d and both give me a better blow out than WEN.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/1/2014 40nu20 said:

I ordered the september tsv in tt and bgt. Bgt smells great and works with my hair very well. Volume and moisture are perfect for my highlighted hair. I also ordered the rtm duo and love them. Great for second day hair. I love how bgt smells in the shower. It also rinses well. Never feels heavy. This is one of my staple.

I think the BGT RTM is my favorite. I am so tempted to order the BGT RTM Duo also -especially today because it is free shipping. But still trying to convince myself to just wait for the BGT Oil so I can make my own. hmm...