Contributor

Well, life has a funny way of making my decisions on what I can buy and keep for the Dec show. Or should I say my sensitive sense of smell thanks to my migraines. I just took a shower with WVM and it's a love affair for my hair, but not enough for my nose. I felt like I was washing my hair the entire time with a York Peppermint Patty. I also can't use the GPS for the same reason because I can't stand the sent. I love SHP but it's not enough to keep the TSV just for 3 seasonals if I'm even able to stand the smell of the others.

As for the core formula TSV, I only can use POM and SAM so I might be a good girl this December. Glad I have some SHP to hopefully get me through until Summer. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor
That's a bummer! I'm sorry you had an issue with the smell. I haven't used the WVM yet but I too have the seasonal TSV. Hopefully the scent isn't an issue for me!
Contributor

A lot of scents are weird for me. It did make my scalp nice and tingly. Maybe I will have better luck with the CWM. I think it was the vanilla as I can use SAM and have no problem with it, but I have the same issue with FIG. They wont give me a migraine but the smell is so sweet that it isn't pleasant. I'm sure you won't have the same problem.

Respected Contributor

I didn't get the seasonal tsv but can understand why some Wenners wouldn't like some of the scents. I have never used the FGP and had no desire to try it since I know that I wouldn't like it either. I am looking forward to the WVM though and believe that the scent will be very nice and wouldn't bother me, even though it is described as a york peppermint patty.

Honored Contributor

I'm just the opposite--my nose loves the WVM. But just that particular scent. I can tolerate the 613 now (I had to work up to that one), Tea Tree and Cucumber Aloe, but that's all. The other scents that I've tried are just way too strong for me. Everyone has raved about the Pomegranate and Bamboo Green Tea. I tried both and about passed out from the fragrances. I love the new 613 Body Treatment Crème, but I can't stand the smell.

I love the whole idea of this product line, but I can't use most of it because of the intense fragrances. (I have that problem with a lot of beauty lines, not just WEN.) I know that since the products use essential oils, fragrance will be there to at least some extent. But I find that the products I have the problems with are the ones that have the added 'fragrance' ingredient. Chaz has often mentioned how he gets migraines from synthetic fragrances. I really would love it if he could find a way to make at least some of his products with little, or preferably no, fragrance for those of us who have the same problem with his line.

Respected Contributor

Geezerette. Did you try FTP? This is a very light pleasant fragrance. Although, I do agree that an unscented formula would be great for some of us who can't tolerate some of the scents despite the benefits.

Respected Contributor

613 used to give me a migraine. I'm glad I got used to it bc I need it regularly. I am still suffering through the end of my WVM. It doesn't give me migraines, I just hate the York Peppermint Patty of it, even tho it performs. I don't like the idea of chocolate all over my hair and body.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} Decided to use it twice more and then start mixing it with my remaining GR SAM til they are both gone.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor

My hair did not care for the WVM..I love the FAS/FTP/FGP....Oh and the SHP. Those seem to be the ones that give the most moisture and I like the scents...I also love the Fig but am out right now....Haven't gone thru any of the cores other than Fig, but WVM is no for me...

Honored Contributor
Yes I didn't like the Wvm scent either for the same reason. I have a feeling the new winter seasonal will not be to my liking either, scent wise and possibly ingredient wise. Bring on the spring and summer seasonals!! Smiley Very Happy
Respected Contributor

I tried them all and love them all but my favorite is Wen Men. I really love the smell of the Bamboo and have two gallons I haven't opened. Wish I could trade it for two gallons of Wen Men. That's my new favorite and I'm a girl (tee hee).