Frequent Contributor
Do you guys put/spread some oil on you actual hair or only massage it into your scalp? May hair is past my shoulders, so I am curious if it make sense to put oil all over it. Also, any other opinions/suggestions regarding oil would be appreciated. Thank you!
Trusted Contributor

I tend to use the oil on my scalp 90% of the time. Every once in awhile I will use oil on my scalp and on my hair. Using it on my hair provides additional moisture and treatment as well.

live....laugh....love
Valued Contributor

My hair is a few inches past my shoulders. I use the oil on my scalp, and then I also mix one dropper full of oil with organic extra virgin coconut oil and apply that to the full length of my hair. I do this weekly and feel like it does help moisturize my hair. HTH.

Trusted Contributor

I generally apply about four droppers directly to my scalp and massage that in really well. Since my hair is fine textured, it's very noticeable (no running errands or leaving the house like that). If I'm doing this overnight, I apply oil only to my scalp. If I'm going to be home all day and wash it out in the evening, I'll also apply coconut oil to the length of my hair, which is beneath my bra strap. That seems to give me better results (moisture and shine) than the Wen treatment oils, and it is much less expensive.

Honored Contributor

I apply the oil directly to my scalp. After the scalp massage, I'll rub any residual oil that's on my fingertips onto the ends of my hair. Then I twist it up and wear a turbie towel overnight.

My DD likes adding a couple drops of oil to her cleansing conditioner and she also likes a few drops in her bath.

Respected Contributor
On 11/25/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I apply the oil directly to my scalp. After the scalp massage, I'll rub any residual oil that's on my fingertips onto the ends of my hair. Then I twist it up and wear a turbie towel overnight.

My DD likes adding a couple drops of oil to her cleansing conditioner and she also likes a few drops in her bath.

JeanLouiseFinch, That is such a good idea about wrapping up and using a turbie towel overnight. I am going to have to try this the next time that I do an overnight treatment. It may also be a good way of using it on the ends in addition to applying it to the scalp.

Respected Contributor
I use the 4 droppers on my scalp and run my hands through my hair. By the time I am ready to cleanse, the oil has wick--Ed (stupid website rules I meant like a candle wick) about halfway down my shoulder length hair. I also add 4 drops to a pump of styling creme and cc as my leave in every day.
Super Contributor

I regularly add oil to the entire length of my hair, to both wet hair and dry hair. I put 2 full droppers full in to soaking wet hair, along with CC and SC. The oils help lock in moisture, calm my frizz, and encourage my natural waves to take shape.

If I choose to flat-iron my hair, I usually apply 1 dropper to my entire length after I'm done. It smooths any fly-aways and creates a lasting shine.

I should add that my hair is extremely coarse, dry, and unruly - and it craves the moisture that the oils provide.

Respected Contributor

Chin-length layers here...I usually put 1 dropper in my hands and rub together, then apply to any hair that is un-oiled (is that a word?) after I finish massaging into my scalp. I also like to spritz on some RTM before applying the oil.

Respected Contributor
On 11/25/2014 Colonel Meow said:

I regularly add oil to the entire length of my hair, to both wet hair and dry hair. I put 2 full droppers full in to soaking wet hair, along with CC and SC. The oils help lock in moisture, calm my frizz, and encourage my natural waves to take shape.

If I choose to flat-iron my hair, I usually apply 1 dropper to my entire length after I'm done. It smooths any fly-aways and creates a lasting shine.

I should add that my hair is extremely coarse, dry, and unruly - and it craves the moisture that the oils provide.

I couldn't use 2 full droppers on my hair since I think my hair would appear to be greasy. I do occasionally use a few drops of the oil to already styled hair when I feel that it needs it.