Frequent Contributor

I can barely afford to order one set of the WEN TSV and I just can't decide if I should get the core or the seasonals. I am afraid the Fig in the core will weight my hair down, but I love the rest. I don't know anything about the sesonals. What is a girl to do?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Can't make up my mind!!!

So I just read all the ingredients that are in core and seasonal. It looks like in classic/core formulas, alcohol doesn't appear until ingredient # 3 or later. Seasonals seem to have alcohol in a more prominent position in the list of ingredients... Now I am sure the scents are delicious, but I wonder if they are more drying... I am not an expert at all, so this is just speculation Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

IMHO- you should just stay with the core set especially if you love everything else. I don't know how many pumps you use for each cleanse but you could just try incorporating FIG slowly just to see how your hair reacts. I always mix and match. But you have time to decide anyway -because the core set has been sold-out for several days. So you and I might just have to wait till TSV day.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Chicago-girl said: So I just read all the ingredients that are in core and seasonal. It looks like in classic/core formulas, alcohol doesn't appear until ingredient # 3 or later. Seasonals seem to have alcohol in a more prominent position in the list of ingredients... Now I am sure the scents are delicious, but I wonder if they are more drying... I am not an expert at all, so this is just speculation Smiley Happy

There's no alcohol in the bottle. The alcohol is a raw material and via chemical reaction changes into something different., while leaving the astringent properties intact, but not drying.

Again, there is no alcohol in the bottle.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Regular Contributor

The cetyl alcohol you see in the ingredients list is actually moisturizing. If you Google search it you'll see that it's used as a conditioner/moisturizer in many hair products. You can't go wrong with either TSV. If you know you love all the CC'S in the classic aside from the fig, I would go with that. Personally I love seasonals because I enjoy switching it up, but you can't go wrong with the classics. I don't think the fig would weigh your hair down as long as you combine it with another formula, but everyone's hair is different. Choose based on what you KNOW works for you!
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ladies, I think I will go for the core. I hadn't thought about mixing the fig...it could be good for my hair if we get a bad winter...which it is looking that way. Thanks again!!

Regular Contributor

Good luck and enjoy!!
Respected Contributor

On 11/23/2014 Jhincher said:

Thank you ladies, I think I will go for the core. I hadn't thought about mixing the fig...it could be good for my hair if we get a bad winter...which it is looking that way. Thanks again!!

Jhincher, Ordering the tsv in the core formulas should be a good choice. I also agree that if Fig is too moisturizing for your hair mixing it with another formula should work. I always mix formulas most times that I cleanse. I do sometimes use just one formula but not very often. The December tsv is such a good value and if you haven't yet tried the seasonals you may decide to just order one 16 oz. size during the winter season to try them. I hope that they offer the 3 piece winter formulas similar to what was offered for the fall formulas.

Honored Contributor

Okay, now you guys are throwing me back to the seasonals for TSV. If the seasonals are more moisturizing, then for those of us who live by Fig, that would be the set to go with, right? I have never tried BGT, POM, SAM and absolutely none of the seasonals because most of them are before my Wen time but if they have more moisture than the core set, maybe I should try those instead?

Respected Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Laura14 said:

Okay, now you guys are throwing me back to the seasonals for TSV. If the seasonals are more moisturizing, then for those of us who live by Fig, that would be the set to go with, right? I have never tried BGT, POM, SAM and absolutely none of the seasonals because most of them are before my Wen time but if they have more moisture than the core set, maybe I should try those instead?

I wouldn't say that all of the seasonals are more moisturizing than the core formulas. The only seasonal that I thought was very moisturizing was SHP. Some of the seasonals can be drying. You should like BGT, POM and SAM but they aren't as moisturizing as FIG. I would say of these 3 POM is the most moisturizing, SAM is next in moisturizing and BGT is next. Some Wenners find BGT to be slightly drying. Some also have found that they can't use the seasonals at all. Did you take the recommender on Chaz's site?