Regular Contributor

Treatment oils and evening showering

I'm having a hard time doing the treatment oils on a regular basis. I have to get up early for my job and have a tendency to get dirty at work so I shower at night. I also work many Saturdays, so I'm finding the only time I can leave the treatment oils on is Saturday night (which often I forget to do). How do others that shower at night do the oils? Would they work if I just put it in for an hour before showering? Thanks!
Respected Contributor

Re: Treatment oils and evening showering

I take my showers in the morning so I will let others comment on their night showering techniques. You mentioned that you have a job in which you sometimes get dirty. Is it all possible for you to put oil in your hair before work? You wouldn't want to soak your hair with oil but could you carefully run one dropper through without it being noticeable? Perhaps on those days you could wear your hair piled up on your head if it is long? Just a thought.
Trusted Contributor

First of all, set a reminder on your phone to do the oils on Saturday night!! :-) That way, you'll have at least one oil treatment each week (and you may be happy with the results you get from that once weekly schedule).

If you're looking to squeeze in another treatment during the week, is it an option to carry the oils with you and apply them once you've left work? If you commute by car (especially if it's a long commute), you'll be able to take advantage of that time in the evenings before you shower. If not, apply the oil as soon as you get home, and shower as late as possible. A two or three hour treatment is better than nothing, lol.

Valued Contributor

I have a rescue kitty with asthma who is a snuggler, so I'm reluctant to use the oils overnight. And I couldn't use tea tree as it's harmful to cats. So I apply the oils when I get up in the morning. I then have 60-90 minutes before I shower. Works great for me. I can see the benefits.

Trusted Contributor

I too use the oils in the daytime since I just don't like to sleep with the TT oil either Smiley Wink I loved the suggestion to apply it before you leave work so it's on during your commute, if possible. Or apply as soon as you get home and do something else for an hour before you shower. I think even an hour is much better than not using the oils at all! I believe you only get an hour or something like that when you pay for an oil treatment at Chaz's salon so it should be good enough.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I found that I get the same benefit from 2 hours as I do from overnight. So, you should be fine putting it in after work. It also saves my pillowcases, which do get stained from the oil.
Frequent Contributor

There are many times when I put oil on for just an hour or two. I usually shower at night also so only do overnight treatments on my day off. On other days, I put oil in before I work out or right when I get home. It ends up being in for 1 to 2 hours but my hair comes out just as good as when I leave it in overnight.

Contributor

I'm getting great results with applying oils after work/before shower, about 4-5 hrs once during the week and most Sundays- all day- until showering at night
Trusted Contributor

I also shower at night. I find that if I put in four droppers as suggested, I look like an oily mess. I use just two droppers in the morning before work and you cannot even tell I have oil on my scalp. I then shower at night. This way, I've had oil on for nearly 12 hours.

Regular Contributor

Thank you all so much!

I will start putting oil in my hair for the drive home.