Valued Contributor

Hi all. When you find a Seasonal CC that really works for your hair, do you stock up on it? I am finding that FAS is awesome for my hair, and I am wondering if I should stock up before it goes away. What do you all do? And if you do stock up, how many do you get? Thanks!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Stock up on Seasonal CC?

I never stocked up on any one formula before but with SHP, I actually bought 3 32-oz (only received 2 but still). I have one full one left and about half of the other. When it comes around again, I plan on buying alot of it and SMC so yes, I will be stocking up. BUT, I am only doing it because it is the formula that far exceeds the results of the others for my hair. If I was one of the lucky ones where I could use several formulas with similar results, I wouldn't stock up because the TSVs are always a good deal so no real need to.

Honored Contributor

I DID stock up and then found that my hair started not looking good. Thin, limp no matter how I arranged the pumps, light, heavy, mixing them, less on some areas, more on others.... so I've had to stop using WEN even though my first few months (about 4 months out of 6) were great!!. So I'm now selling off my brand new stock on eBay.

AND, I was always a little PO'd that this company doesn't sell the Seasonals all year. I know they are "seasonals" but when they are the only formulas that you find work (and can stand the scent) why limit them unless the company is trying to get customers to stock up? Which of course is a profitable way to handle this (from their side)... but frustrating for the customer. Just MHO... {#emotions_dlg.huh}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Yes, but not a lot because that's how I ended up with a closet full of WEN and not enough time to use them all. If I stock up on a scent and then try the next seasonal and the next, plus my reliable cores (Fig and Tea Tree) plus 613, it's just too much.

I'm much more selective now.

Super Contributor

I stocked up, believing the hype that it was a now or never purchase, then they came back.

Since I am (almost) as happy with several of the core formulas, I am becoming more selective about stocking up aka being sucked in by the hype.

I still have one 16 ounce bottle of e3 of the 4 original seasonals, plus WCM and SOB.

I am resisting the December TSV...at least so far. I do like all 5 of those scents, BUT I have at least one bottle of all of them.

Michele

Frequent Contributor

In the last year, I got a couple bottles of each new seasonal thinking they would work and I would never get the chance to get them again... then I realized that my hair does better with TT and SAM so I had to "use up" the seasonals that were just ok (but do smell great!). I've now decided that I will treat myself to the occasional seasonal oil, if I'm out of oil, but overall just stick to the products that I know work for me and do my best to resist the new seasonal!

I never want to run out of TT so I will try and have an extra one stocked, but overall, I am trying to simplify the number of products I've got on hand.

Super Contributor

Does anyone have a favorite Seasonal?

Trusted Contributor

Winter Vanilla Mint is my favorite so far although Summer Honey Peach and Fall Tuscan Pear are close seconds Smiley Wink

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

BTW, seasonals were not supposed to be back. But as customers we whined so much about wanting them that I think Chaz decided to bring them back. And of course I'm sure he makes a profit off of it.

I don't think he tried to get anyone to stock up on any particular formula for any evil purpose. I think he hopes more than anything that everyone will like a current product and just continue to purchase because we like the Wen.

KJPA
Valued Contributor

Favorite seasonal - FAS. . . . . . . .I'm working on figuring out which CC's work best for me then only buying those. Problem is, I fell in love with FAS's performance, now I keep trying the new seasonals to see if any of them will work as well as FAS. I'm trying not to fall victim to the hype, but it's hard. Lol!
**Suz**