Contributor
Hi All! I've been using WEN exclusively for about 3 months now and I love all of it! I have a 3 month old daughter and am experiencing pretty bad postpartum hair shedding, which is worrying me quite a bit...until this past weekend. I noticed the shedding right around the time I began using WEN, but was committed to giving it a fair chance due to all the positive threads and posts I've been reading as I lurk around the forum, and the fact that my hair FELT and LOOKED GREAT. And boy, am I glad I did! I use a variety of the treatment oils nightly, but I always use the TT oil around my edges, which is the thinnest area. Just the other day as I was inspecting my hair, I noticed little "baby hairs" growing in right in my thinning spots. I'm so anxious for this postpartum shedding phase to end so that I can fully enjoy all the benefits of WEN to their fullest! Thanks to so many of you for the threads and posts that are so helpful to the newbies!
Respected Contributor

Glad you're getting good results! I have fairly thick hair, but was noticing that my part was getting "wider" with age. Just lately, it seems to be narrowing plus I'm seeing definite new growth at my hairline. I've been using TT, 613 and FTP oils...but I think the TT oil may be responsible for this.

Esteemed Contributor

Harpers, welcome to Wen!

I love TT Oil. I stopped using Rogaine because of it!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
Welcome. Glad your enjoying the oils. I was in a similar situation and tea tree oil saved me. I never dreamed my hair would be this long and SO much better than when I was in high school. I'm over 50. Wen products are the best anti age products!
Valued Contributor

I am very happy for you, I truly am. I am also extremely jealous, I have been using Wen since June of this year, then ventured into using the oil. I gave up on the oil. I believe it made my thinning hair get even thinner. Now I only use Wen about every 4th time I get in the shower. I want to love it but I can't.

And if any of you come along and tell me I'm not following directions right, here's my reply in advance to you. I can read therefore I can follow directions so stay out of my business. I'm allowed an opinion on here.

And the reason I said all of the above is because I have had several posters be rude to me regarding how to use Wen, like as if I'm a child. People get sick of it.

Honored Contributor

I love the original tea tree oil even though I don't have any scalp issues. I know it has made my hair grow faster. Great stuff!

Trusted Contributor
On 11/18/2014 gulf coast girl said:

I am very happy for you, I truly am. I am also extremely jealous, I have been using Wen since June of this year, then ventured into using the oil. I gave up on the oil. I believe it made my thinning hair get even thinner. Now I only use Wen about every 4th time I get in the shower. I want to love it but I can't.

And if any of you come along and tell me I'm not following directions right, here's my reply in advance to you. I can read therefore I can follow directions so stay out of my business. I'm allowed an opinion on here.

And the reason I said all of the above is because I have had several posters be rude to me regarding how to use Wen, like as if I'm a child. People get sick of it.

I'm sorry that you haven't gotten the results that you were hoping for, I know that's frustrating. And, you're absolutely correct, you ARE allowed to have an opinion on here, even if it differs from the majority of Wen users :-) You know, Chaz Dean is a marvelous salesperson (and I believe that Wen is a wonderful product line), but I don't believe that one product works for everyone. (If that were the case, I'd be completely blemish free!!) I tried Wen on and off for a couple of years before I found the "right" way for it to work for me. I saw some hints from posters on these boards that encouraged me to tweak the way I was using it. Thanks to them, I'm completely satisfied with the results that I'm getting.

OP -- so glad to hear you're seeing results from the TT oil.......I use it once a week and it keeps my scalp happy :-)

Contributor
On 11/18/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 11/18/2014 gulf coast girl said:

I'm sorry that you haven't gotten the results that you were hoping for, I know that's frustrating. And, you're absolutely correct, you ARE allowed to have an opinion on here, even if it differs from the majority of Wen users :-) You know, Chaz Dean is a marvelous salesperson (and I believe that Wen is a wonderful product line), but I don't believe that one product works for everyone. (If that were the case, I'd be completely blemish free!!) I tried Wen on and off for a couple of years before I found the "right" way for it to work for me. I saw some hints from posters on these boards that encouraged me to tweak the way I was using it. Thanks to them, I'm completely satisfied with the results that I'm getting.

OP -- so glad to hear you're seeing results from the TT oil.......I use it once a week and it keeps my scalp happy :-)

I agree with both of you! One product can't work for everyone and if it doesn't, you have a right to say your experience with it...and I'd have to say thank you Gulf Coast for expressing your opinion in a respectful way!
Valued Contributor

Thank you DoxieMomma and HarpersWENning, that's very nice of you both to be so polite and thoughtful. I appreciate that.

I do like the Wen cleansing Conditioners, I like how my hair is so easy to comb out when it's wet and I like how it leaves my hair so soft and smooth. But the TT oil only made me have an oily head and that's all I got from it's use, that and more of my scalp was showing.

Frequent Contributor

Does anyone know of a good brand of Tea Tree Oil that can be purchased in stores??