Super Contributor

What does this do for your hair? Is this one great for body and volume but won't dry your hair out or strip color?

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone use Bamboo Tea Tree?

I got bamboo green tea in the last tsv. I love the scent of this cleansing conditioner but it is a bit drying. I always use it as my 1st cleanse and use a seasonal as my 2nd cleanse. Not sure about the difference in volume compared to the other cleansing conditioners. Hopefully, someone else will comment on this formula.

Regular Contributor

I've never used BGT so I'm not of much help with that matter, but have you tried the product recommender on chazdean.com? There is an option to say you want added volume and it will recommend a formula given your answers to the other items. Pomegranate, lavender, and sweet almond mint could be used if you want volume. I think the only formulas that are not recommended for added volume are the 613 and fig because they are so moisturizing. HTH

Regular Contributor

Sorry but are you asking about the bamboo green tea or the tea tree? I just re-read your question and got a little confused. If you are asking about the tea tree, that is a good formula for volume. I have used the tea tree and really do like it; it's not my favorite, though. I like it as a first cleanse, and then a more moisturizing formula as the second cleanse.

Esteemed Contributor

The scent is heaven, but it took 2/3 of the bottle before I figured out I had to use it by itself for everything (both cleanses and leave-in). I couldn't even use it as a mask.

If I used it with another CC or as a mask, my hair was weighed down or dry or mushy or flat.

When I finally used it by itself, my curls were happy. I had velvet, firm, bungee curls.

This was the largest learning curve I had with Wen. That alone was a turnoff from this product. When it got too low to pump, I trashed it. It didn't even go into my frankenbottle.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

I have tried them all, except for Fig. BGT is my holy grail. It makes my hair super smooth and soft and shiny. I have thin hair and it does not weigh it down either.

Super Contributor

On 11/18/2014 LyssaLynn519 said:

Sorry but are you asking about the bamboo green tea or the tea tree? I just re-read your question and got a little confused. If you are asking about the tea tree, that is a good formula for volume. I have used the tea tree and really do like it; it's not my favorite, though. I like it as a first cleanse, and then a more moisturizing formula as the second cleanse.

I apologize....UGH......new to this. I meant BAMBOO GREEN TEA, yes. sorry....

Super Contributor

Has anyone combined Bamboo Green Tea with Pomegrante for volume? Does that work?

Regular Contributor

On 11/18/2014 Poppet1 said:
On 11/18/2014 LyssaLynn519 said:

I apologize....UGH......new to this. I meant BAMBOO GREEN TEA, yes. sorry....

Thanks for the clarification {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

In that case, I can't be much help. I do love the pomegranate though!

Super Contributor

I have baby fine, color-treated hair. It can be a touch dry but volume is what I mostly need.