Respected Contributor

For My Fellow WEN Oil Overnight Treatment Girls

I occasionally re-read Hilary's great Benefits of Oils thread after I have finished a bottle and need to decide if I am going to venture into a new formula. TT/Eucalyptus is my staple. Those of you who use it know the magic.

My question is this: Do you find that you get different hair or scalp results from the various formulas or do you select them based on how much you enjoy the fragrance? Once after reading Hilary's thread, I decided to go for the POM/Rosemary. I'm glad I tried it because I enjoyed the fragrance but i didn't feel the oomph of the TT formula. Aromatherapy definitely has its place but I'm wondering if you feel you get different results from different oils.

I am really curious to hear what you guys have to share. Thanks!

Contributor

Re: For My Fellow WEN Oil Overnight Treatment Girls

Well like you, TT is definitely my go-to and seems to just be special, but I also have and use all of the others except LAV. None of the others, for me, seem to make much difference, other than the aromatherapy so I choose them based on what mood I'm in. However, I also have the 613 oil, which I love and I WANT to believe that it too is special like the TT....but I just can't pinpoint it.
Esteemed Contributor

I tend to be hooked on many of the seasonal oils and use them as aromatherapy. It goes by my mood. I love tea tree but because I have cats I have to be very careful when using it. I will use it if I'm in the house all day when no one else is around, my DH is not a fan of the scent even though he uses the CC. Also, my hair grows so fast with TT I actually took a break from using it too often as well. I love POM, use it on my scalp/skin.
Respected Contributor

Harpers, thanks for mentioning 613. I really want to try it -- that is the formula that got me wondering if there is something special about it. And don't get me wrong -- all of the oils i have tried, SAM, SHP, TT & POM, have all been wonderful so in that sense they are all special. I am just wondering if folks pick their overnight treatment based on mood or desired outcome.

Hue: SHP is the first seasonal oil that I have tried. Because the fragrance is very pronounced, I tend to use it mixed in with others. If I do 4 full droppers of SHP, I REALLY smell it all night long.

Esteemed Contributor

TT is my staple for overnight use. I have seen the results. That is the one oil I will not be without.

As for the other oils, I have not used them consistently enough overnight to determine what they do for my hair and scalp. I don't even mix them with my leave-in anymore.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

For me, since there aren't any particular benefits I'm looking for other than moisture for my hair and a little TLC for my scalp, it's all about the scent and what mood I'm in Smile There are certain oils I can't use overnight though, because some of the scents are too "invigorating" and interfere with my sleep (SAM and TT in particular). So I save those for when I'm going to do a short treatment just before cleansing (TT) or to add to my leave-in CC.

Respected Contributor

TT is my favorite for results, but I rotate it with 613 and FTP. My hair, like my skin, gets bored if I use the exact same thing on it for long periods of time. I continue to get the best results from my favorites if I use something else sometimes...it's like jump start!

Trusted Contributor

I use TT oil once a week, to keep my scalp happy :-) I try to do one other overnight oil treatment each week, alternating with any other oil. I haven't noticed any particular benefits by using different oils, other than a healthy scalp.

I can't use SAM oil overnight, it's too "minty" and invigorating. I like the POM/Rosemary and Fig/Sweet Orange oils, the fragrances are a pleasant change from Tea tree. I also like the Lavender oil, but I wish it was straight Lavender, I don't care for the mint.

My two favorite oils are Spring Gardenia Green Tea and Spring Orange Blossom......I will be sure to stock up next spring!

Respected Contributor

I have never used anything but tt as an overnight treatment but would imagine that any of the seasonal oils that you like would be terrific as an overnight treatment. I have a few of the seasonal oils and would imagine that I would enjoy using them as an overnight treatment.

Contributor

On 11/17/2014 islandgrrl said:

Harpers, thanks for mentioning 613. I really want to try it -- that is the formula that got me wondering if there is something special about it. And don't get me wrong -- all of the oils i have tried, SAM, SHP, TT & POM, have all been wonderful so in that sense they are all special. I am just wondering if folks pick their overnight treatment based on mood or desired outcome.

Hue: SHP is the first seasonal oil that I have tried. Because the fragrance is very pronounced, I tend to use it mixed in with others. If I do 4 full droppers of SHP, I REALLY smell it all night long.

The 613 is one that you can smell, or in my case enjoy, all night long!