Super Contributor

Besides Lavender what CC gives volume?

Sorry but the Lavender scent is way to strong for me. Does Wen have another CC that provides great volume? Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Besides Lavender what CC gives volume?

nm

Esteemed Contributor

I have fine thin hair and SAM gives me mega volume, also Fall apple spice.
Trusted Contributor

I think it depends on your hair type. And of course use lots of water with the CC while you work it in. It should then rinse easily Smiley Wink Clean hair helps with body and try different amounts of CC as your leave in, from zero to a full pump. What you need varies by your hair type and amount/length.

I think SAM is usually a good starting point since it's the first one Chaz developed. You can branch out from there as you learn how your hair responds.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Super Contributor

Anyone tried mixing or combining Pomegrante and Bamboo Green Tea? Is this a winning combo to achieve maximum volume and body? Sorry, can't stand the smell of Lavender. Too strong.

Regular Contributor

On 11/17/2014 KJPA said:

I think it depends on your hair type. And of course use lots of water with the CC while you work it in. It should then rinse easily Smiley Wink Clean hair helps with body and try different amounts of CC as your leave in, from zero to a full pump. What you need varies by your hair type and amount/length.

I think SAM is usually a good starting point since it's the first one Chaz developed. You can branch out from there as you learn how your hair responds.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

I can't agree with this more. I believe the Wen 'experience' all depends on what scent you like, your personal scalp and hair condition, and how you use the product. The December TSV couldn't be a better starting point, both the seasonal and the core options. Just keep in mind if you decide to go with the seasonals you may or may not be able to order the formula you fall in love with in the future.

Super Contributor

I am not a fan of the LAV either. In order to use what I have, I mix it with SGGT.

As for volume - I do just as well with SAM, TT, SCM and SHP.

I have fine straight hair, which holds a curl. I think the formulas above give me moisture and shine without weighing my hair down.

I do use SC daily as well, since I blow dry.

Michele

Trusted Contributor

I need body and didn't like Lav either. But Winter Vanilla Mint was my first CC and I still love it. But you have to love the smell of an Andes mint Smiley Wink I do!! WVM must have given me a lot of body or I wouldn't have liked it so much.

But I'll repeat because the most important thing with any formula is to use it correctly, adding lots of water to help froth it up.

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I couldn't use lavender either since I didn't like the scent and it also was very drying for my hair. In order to use it I had to mix with other formulas that were more moisturizing.