Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Love Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

I have never tried FGP but see that it is in the upcoming TSV (seasonals version). I rarely hear anyone comment on this formula. Do you love it? Like it so-so? Dislike it? I'm curious if the lack of buzz is related to the scent, moisture level...or something else.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Love Fall Ginger Pumpkin?

It was the only one that has actually irritated my scalp and I believe it was due to the heavy spices in it. It is heavily spice scented more so than a pumpkin scent. I couldn't really use it long enough to get a sense on the moisture level but I don't ever really remember anyone saying it is highly moisturizing though. I think it isn't talked about much since it was the very first seasonal so it is kind of ""old news"" in terms of discussion but I think alot of people really like it. It is definitely more popular than FAS.

Super Contributor

I like it!! IMO it smells like pumpkin pie with extra spice lol

Its not super moisturizing but its also not drying either atleast for me and when I leave it on for like 5mins (or longer) in the shower I can really feel the menthol kicking in.

Super Contributor

I absolutely love it! I have naturally curly hair and it works beautifully for me. You do have to like the scent of pumpkin. It is my favorite ""flavor"" of WEN!

Respected Contributor

I love it! So much so that I bought 4 of the 32 ounces bottles and I bought the oil from chazdean.com. It is my all time favorite of the seasonals and I am so happy he brought it back. I think it does contain menthol like the core cc's, which some find irritating. I think it performs like the core cc's - tea tree or SAM. It's the spice that I love. I would have felt the same about FAS, but I h8 the smell of maple. Plus the smell of that lingers in the bathroom and towels. I found it to be stomach churning (the FAS).
Super Contributor

I found it to be more spicy than pumpkin-smelling. Also, that spice lingered throughout the day, which I didn't care for. As for moisturization, I'm not much help.The seasonals always dry out my hair because of the extra protein.

Respected Contributor

I do not like the cleansing conditioners but the pumpkin smells fantastic. I never use it tho. I just sniff it lol

Respected Contributor

I'm so happy to hear that it has a following! It was the one question mark for me in the upcoming TSV.

Colonel Meow: I wonder if I will have a similar reaction regarding the scent. I tend to like clean or light fruit scents as opposed to spice. But you can't knock the price of the TSV...even if the FGP doesn't knock my socks off.

Respected Contributor

I love FGP!! I used it last night. I do agree that the cinnamon is strong in it, but that is one of my favorite things about it. Of course it is pre-Honey Complex, but I also feel it is moisturizing.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

On 11/8/2014 islandgrrl said:

I'm so happy to hear that it has a following! It was the one question mark for me in the upcoming TSV.

Colonel Meow: I wonder if I will have a similar reaction regarding the scent. I tend to like clean or light fruit scents as opposed to spice. But you can't knock the price of the TSV...even if the FGP doesn't knock my socks off.

I'm the same way, preferring clean scents. On the plus side, the FGP wasn't strong enough to make me stop using it - I made it through the bottle.