Occasional Contributor

Dandruff/Tea Tree - Does it Help??

Recently I have developed an itchy, flaky scalp.. I have been using WEN (Seasonal Scents) for over a year.. My hairdresser confirmed Dandruff and suggested I get the Tea Tree WEN..

Has anyone found relief/help with their dandruff from using the Tea Tree version??

Hoping I don't have to give up my WEN and stick to drug store dandruff products!!!

Thanks!!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Dandruff/Tea Tree - Does it Help??

The tea tree cc and the tea tree treatment oil will work wonders. They work better than the ""dandruff"" shampoos because they won't ruin your hair or overdry your scalp. Definitely use the TT oil for overnight scalp treatments and the TT cc to cleanse.

Super Contributor

I second what Okie said...

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 okiebug said:

The tea tree cc and the tea tree treatment oil will work wonders. They work better than the "dandruff" shampoos because they won't ruin your hair or overdry your scalp. Definitely use the TT oil for overnight scalp treatments and the TT cc to cleanse.

I agree with this. You might also want to do a brown sugar scalp scrub to help slough off the flakes and any build up you might have. I don't have dandruff, but I use the scalp scrub to prevent buildup. I find it works best the morning after I do a Tea Tree oil treatment because the jojoba oil in the WEN TT oil also helps dissolve buildup.

I mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with about 5 tablespoons of grape seed oil and use that to massage my scalp before I get into the shower. You can add a teaspoon of pure Tea Tree oil to that mix if you have dandruff. If you don't have grape seed oil, you can substitute coconut oil or even conditioner or WEN for the grape seed oil. (If you use Tea Tree WEN, don't add any additional Tea Tree oil to the mix.) Massage that into you scalp and rinse. I do that once a month.

Contributor

On 10/27/2014 okiebug said:

The tea tree cc and the tea tree treatment oil will work wonders. They work better than the ""dandruff"" shampoos because they won't ruin your hair or overdry your scalp. Definitely use the TT oil for overnight scalp treatments and the TT cc to cleanse.

I totally agree! It worked wonders for me instantly! Good luck with it!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Everyone!! I feel better already.. It is also wonderful that we have these boards/threads to get support and information.. I'm not only a WEN Girl but I am also a Weight Watchers Girl.. I love 50 pounds and rewarded myself by starting WEN.. I look ten years younger!! So you can imagine my disappointment when I thought I would have to give up my WEN.. Best always....

Esteemed Contributor

TT absolutely works. I had suffered with dry scalp issues for many years. I had tried numerous store brought shampoos specifically meant to treat dandruff/dry scalp. I was met with varying degrees of success. Some products worked better than others, but I was never able to completely get rid of it.

I would say abut 1 1/2 yeas ago I switched to the TT by WEN. It took a few weeks, but it completely normalized my scalp and I have not looked back since. It's one of my holy grail products.

Contributor

Hands down the BEST Wen CC! Could not be without, I use it always as my first cleanse. It has reduced and over the months cleared my scalp of all its dandruff. I also used Chaz's original TT oil, still use it but I mix my own now. Also I love the smell..refreshing, clears up your nasal passages LOL

Respected Contributor

I agree with all of the others that the tea tree should help. I don't have dandruff but love the results when I use the tea tree cleansing conditioner and tt oil as an overnight treatment. Although, I do have several cleansing conditioners open and don't always use the same cleansing conditioner every time that I cleanse. I love the seasonals and always use one of them as my 2nd cleanse.

Super Contributor

I had dandruff. Started Wen TT 18 months ago. No dandruff for about a year. I always use TT as my first cleanse. Now that I don't have dandruff I still use it because my hair just doesn't do as well without it. P S hair grows like crazy on TT. I wii never be without my TT. Second loves are BGT and SHP.