Occasional Contributor

Dear Chas: I am 73 years and for a while now very slowly,then more, etc my hair starting to fall out. I am not now however using any of your products. Is there any hope for me and can you recommend something for me. I am desparate! I don't like seeing all that hair in the sink.If anyone else can help or recommend something, please. Thanks Pat

Esteemed Contributor

Since you asked for recommendations from others, here are mine.

I am not a WEN user, but based on my experience and age (63), I've found:

Aging does seem to mean hair loss/thinning for some of us. Add to that hormonal changes and maybe even thyroid issues and it all adds up to bodily changes including hair and skin.

My hair has thinned a bit, but I've been taking bioidentical hormones for several years and that does seem to help. I also take thyroid medicine and I've been using Andrew Lessman's Hair, Skin and Nails for at least 8 years.

All of these things seem to have slowed the hair loss. There is still some shedding, but it is no more than I remember when I was younger.

You might consider having your thyroid checked at the very least even if you do not want to take hormone's. There are also numerous hair products that claim to stop hair loss, so you could ask your hair stylist for recommendations or do some research on your own.

Just my thoughts!

Esteemed Contributor

Chaz doesn't frequent the boards. You can try Wen Tea Tree Oil and the Cleansing Conditioner to address your hair loss.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor
On 10/26/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Chaz doesn't frequent the boards. You can try Wen Tea Tree Oil and the Cleansing Conditioner to address your hair loss.

This is great advice! I second this.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Not applicable

Hello! Wanted to add my experience here. I have blonde baby fine hair and its definitely not thick. I have been using WEN for about 3 years and I noticed my hair getting thinner and thinner and more hair on my bathroom floor(I have a black granite floor) and I just thought along with alot of you, that it was part of aging. Then I started to suspect it was the WEN so I went back to my usual shampoo(Kenra). My hair immediately was full of body, shine and since I have stopped using WEN, my hair seems to be recovering. Lots less hair on the floor and my ends have stopped breaking. I really loved using WEN, especially the six thirteen, but I am on my second month without WEN and my hair is healthier now. Sad........ but relieved my hair is no longer falling out. I am an ER RN and I am healthy, no medical issues or conditions.

Carol in California.

Super Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Jerseygirl7 said:

Dear Chas: I am 73 years and for a while now very slowly,then more, etc my hair starting to fall out. I am not now however using any of your products. Is there any hope for me and can you recommend something for me. I am desparate! I don't like seeing all that hair in the sink.If anyone else can help or recommend something, please. Thanks Pat

Jerseygirl, I'm 64. I have been using WEN for several years. To be honest with you, unless you know what's causing your hair loss, there's no guarantee anything will make it come back. You probably need to see your dr. It could be a thyroid, hormone or vitamin deficiency issue. Whatever is causing it, WEN will be good for your hair and your scalp and make your hair look nicer.

Honny and Hillary both had good suggestions - the Tea Tree cleansing conditioner and treatment oil are the best for caring for your scalp and if your hair loss is from problems with your scalp, will help with that. And will also moisturize and treat your hair.

You might call Chaz' salon at 1-323-467-6444 for more specific help.

Respected Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Hilary77 said:
On 10/26/2014 HonnyBrown said:

This is great advice! I second this.

I also agree with the tea tree cleansing conditioner and oil to address your hair loss. Of course, taking the vitamins that are for hair and nails should help also.

Respected Contributor

I have used WEN for a few months...I use the oil around the front of my hairline, and have noticed new little hairs coming in and much LESS hair loss...My hair is thicker and fuller, I use the cucumber aloe oil, and the Seasonals Fall Apple Spice/Pumpkin/Tuscan Pear, and the 613 styling cream...I just use a different one each day or mix them together...Good luck, you will love it....