Regular Contributor

Wow! I have been trying to decide if I want to stockpile FTP since it is obviously a superior formula for my hair. My results with it have left every other formula lacking, including my beloved FAS! I took the quiz on Chaz's website, and it recommended...FTP! Hahahhaha! Guess I have my answer. Anyone care to compare SHP with FTP??? I may try that formula for summer, if it is a close match; I have read many comments comparing the two. Thanks.

Regular Contributor

Re: Took the ""Recommender"" Quiz

My recommendation was FTP as well and I absolutely love it! I haven't tried the SHP so unfortunately I cant compare, but I definitely plan on getting it next time it comes out. I definitely have the FTP 32 oz on auto delivery. Not planning on stockpiling though because I plan on getting the TSV when that comes out. I really think the honey is what does it for my hair, so any seasonal formula with honey is what I will likely go for!
Super Contributor

Although I like the fragrance of FTP better, my hair definitely prefers the SHP.

My hair is naturally blonde, straight, normal to oily.

Michele

Respected Contributor

I use them both and find that my 3A curly hair responds in very similar fashion with both. I should add that I don't use any seasonal alone for both cleanses. Usually TT or SAM first cleanse then FTP, SHP, or 613 for the second. I am still using up a 32 oz bottle of BGT as well. Today FTP was my second cleanse and the shine is pretty amazing.

I do prefer the texture of SHP a tiny bit better. It seems a little thicker and creamier than FTP. Or maybe that is all in my mind...

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 islandgrrl said:

I use them both and find that my 3A curly hair responds in very similar fashion with both. I should add that I don't use any seasonal alone for both cleanses. Usually TT or SAM first cleanse then FTP, SHP, or 613 for the second. I am still using up a 32 oz bottle of BGT as well. Today FTP was my second cleanse and the shine is pretty amazing.

I do prefer the texture of SHP a tiny bit better. It seems a little thicker and creamier than FTP. Or maybe that is all in my mind...

islandgrrl, I also use a core formula for my 1st cleanse and always use a seasonal or 613 for my second cleanse. I still haven't tried FTP but for me SHP is the best seasonal that I have ever used.

Respected Contributor

On 10/22/2014 susan25 said:

islandgrrl, I also use a core formula for my 1st cleanse and always use a seasonal or 613 for my second cleanse. I still haven't tried FTP but for me SHP is the best seasonal that I have ever used.

susan: treat yourself to a 16 oz bottle of FTP. It is well worth the test. I have loved both formulas after figuring out how seasonals best work in my hair -- namely that I shouldn't use them alone if I want the optimal level of moisture. I LOVE the creaminess of SHP and feel that FTP is not quite as rich from a tactile standpoint. But they both give great shine. Plus you can always mix it with your favorite core formula if you feel it needs a little boost.

Just call me your friendly enabler!

Regular Contributor

susan: treat yourself to a 16 oz bottle of FTP. It is well worth the test. I have loved both formulas after figuring out how seasonals best work in my hair -- namely that I shouldn't use them alone if I want the optimal level of moisture. I LOVE the creaminess of SHP and feel that FTP is not quite as rich from a tactile standpoint. But they both give great shine. Plus you can always mix it with your favorite core formula if you feel it needs a little boost.

Lol!!! My hubby will love it when I spend more money on Wen so I can try pairing my FTP with a core formula!
Respected Contributor

islandgrrl, I will probably order the FTP sometime while it is still offered, (before the end of November), but I was waiting to buy the FTP 3 piece kit. This kit could sell out quickly and I may never get a chance to order it. I would imagine that it will be offered sometime this weekend.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info. I ordered another 32oz. FTP today. I tried using it as a second cleanse after BGT/TT mix, and the results were less than stellar. I find mixing formulas does not work for me. Since I only do the double cleanse approximately every third night, I should be set through the early winter months. I may find I need the heavier FAS as the humidity level drops this winter. I use a humidifier at home, but my hair seems to respond better to higher humidity levels 24/7. I will hope for the return of SHP for the summer {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. I wish I would have tried it this summer, but I bought a gallon of BGT which "worked" for about three weeks. It is still nice for my scalp, but my hair hates it! I'm seeing BGT for scalp and FAS for hair during the extremely low humidity months.

Respected Contributor

On 10/23/2014 123lollo said:

Thanks for the info. I ordered another 32oz. FTP today. I tried using it as a second cleanse after BGT/TT mix, and the results were less than stellar. I find mixing formulas does not work for me. Since I only do the double cleanse approximately every third night, I should be set through the early winter months. I may find I need the heavier FAS as the humidity level drops this winter. I use a humidifier at home, but my hair seems to respond better to higher humidity levels 24/7. I will hope for the return of SHP for the summer {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}. I wish I would have tried it this summer, but I bought a gallon of BGT which "worked" for about three weeks. It is still nice for my scalp, but my hair hates it! I'm seeing BGT for scalp and FAS for hair during the extremely low humidity months.

You will be able to get the SHP in the December seasonal tsv. It is a great value if you also like the other formulas or will use them as gifts.