New Contributor

Which product for staticky hair?

Every winter I suffer from staticky hair. I already use the Wen cleansing conditioner but now I'm wondering if one of the styling products would help. I have fine hair and use a flat iron fairly regularly. Any suggestions?

Super Contributor

Re: Which product for staticky hair?

The texture balm works really good!! My oldest gets static in his hair (wich is long too)a lot for whatever reason so I use the balm and sometimes I use a light spray of the RTM too.

Super Contributor

The styling crème, which would also protect your hair from the heat of the flat iron.

Honored Contributor

Try using dryer sheets on your brushes and combs and even your hair.

Honored Contributor

Run a humidifier in the winter and that should help too.

Super Contributor

I use a tiny bit of keratin leave-in conditioner on my ends. Protein stops static.
Valued Contributor

I was suffering from static for a long time. My skin and hair has always been so dry. This past winter I got a humidifier and started using Wen. The difference is amazing! For my hair just the CC along with a CC as a leave in did help a lot but I started carrying a small bottle of the RTM with and just a few sprays of that on my hair and face stopped the static completely. The Pharmacy I work at is so dry I also keep a small bottle in my smock pocket and spritz my face once in a while. Feels so good and also helps set your makeup! One more little tip, if your skin is dry also, mine was like a desert, the treatment oils work wonders on my skin. I use them on my face as a moisturizer and a half dropper mixed in with a pump of my lotion for my body. My skin is loving this!
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Honored Contributor

BethanyB, me too, small RTM with me always, especially wonderful on long transatlantic flights.

OP, when I have static with my very straight, fine BSL hair I pump 3 or 4 pumps of RTM into my palm add 1 or 2 drops of oil, rub palms together, and then run my hands through my hair. I don't have much of a 'style', just some lift at crown and turn under on ends, but it looks great!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Drythe said:

BethanyB, me too, small RTM with me always, especially wonderful on long transatlantic flights.

OP, when I have static with my very straight, fine BSL hair I pump 3 or 4 pumps of RTM into my palm add 1 or 2 drops of oil, rub palms together, and then run my hands through my hair. I don't have much of a 'style', just some lift at crown and turn under on ends, but it looks great!

I agree wit Drythe about mixing rtm with oil together. This definitely helps static. Even a couple of drops of oil on your ends should also help.

Contributor

what is rtm?