Regular Contributor

Wen products, wouldn't it be nice if......

I've been using WEN now since 2011, and love the product, but wouldn't it be nice if they could lower the price by now? I mean, I use easy pay to be able to afford this luxury, but even then it's costly since both my hubby and I both use it and I use it on our dog as well. I'm sure he's made his money by now and then some, but this way more people could get on board and become a WEN customer as well. And increase the sales big time. And that it wouldn't change the ingredients or become a cheapened product, by doing so like a lot of products that have been sold to another company etc. Does anyone one else feel this way? Just saying.

Respected Contributor

Re: Wen products, wouldn't it be nice if......

I can't imagine the prices changing. The only suggestion that I would have is to buy something else for your dog. I would imagine that many Wenners can't afford to use it on their animals. I don't own any animals but if I did I couldn't imagine using Wen on them.

Trusted Contributor

If you use the ancillary products, are you taking advantage of the TSVs? I find those to be very reasonably priced, if you use the ancilliary products in them. Buying the products individually, which I did when I first started using WEN, is quite expensive. Now I buy multiple TSVs to have enough product until the next one.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Yes I do use the TSV's and kits they have but it's still pricey. As for using it on our dog, he's very sensitive on his skin and this helps keep him in check. I only use it on him twice a month, and it keeps his coat healthy and soft. I guess lowering prices on WEN is perhaps "wishful thinking" on my part, but I think more people probably wish it could be as well. We're all trying to make those pennies stretch best as we can, and still use good products when one can.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/17/2014 poshmini said:

Yes I do use the TSV's and kits they have but it's still pricey. As for using it on our dog, he's very sensitive on his skin and this helps keep him in check. I only use it on him twice a month, and it keeps his coat healthy and soft. I guess lowering prices on WEN is perhaps "wishful thinking" on my part, but I think more people probably wish it could be as well. We're all trying to make those pennies stretch best as we can, and still use good products when one can.

I do understand what you're saying; lower prices are always welcomed :-) I am afraid it is going the other way on some products, though--the new price on the seasonal and 613 oils and the BGT and seasonal CCs.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

My boyfriend has been helping me pay for Wen the last few months, otherwise I'm not sure I could afford it either. I know they're great products, but some of them are SO expensive. I love Wen, but it is expensive for those of us not very well off.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Guthy Renker for my staple products. I buy TSVs and Oils from QVC. That keeps my prices down.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

It really WOULD be nice but I don't see that happening. In fact, everything (WEN and non-WEN) is going up these days. Fortunately for me, I can get away with just the CC. For those that need the other products or really like to use the other products, I am sure it can get pricey. The SHP CC is so worth the cost to me, I don't even bat an eye when I buy it. I've never had any product (wen or non-wen) work so well for my hair and I've tried a million things. I've always had good hair but this takes it up a notch. But sure, a price reduction is ALWAYS appreciated, lol!

Trusted Contributor

Unfortunately for us, in a free-market economy, companies will charge what the market will bear. The goal in business is to charge as much as you can, keep costs as low as possible and reap the rewards. Sure, Chaz is worth over 10 million, but if people are willing to pay the price (and evidently enough are), and the business is growing, there is no incentive to lower prices.

Respected Contributor

We'd all love to pay less, but as everyone has said, the prices of everything goes up, esp when you are using natural ingredients and fewer synthetics. If a decrease in quality was needed to lower price, I will just pay.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012