Contributor

I recently read that Chaz makes a different formula of Wen for Gunthy Renker is this true ?I have been a Wen girl since March 2014 I personally would never buy any except from Q . Obivious reason good value great selection etc.... Also I have read horror stories about GR, I have always been amazed that Chaz would want his line of products sold by unscrupulous people. So why 2 different formulas?

Honored Contributor

The formula sold via GR/the infomercial has to be able to be sold in international markets that have certain ingredient requirements. It doesn't mean it's an inferior version, just tweaked in order to comply.

Esteemed Contributor

What JLF said!

GR is my preferred Wen supplier for several reasons: free shipping for life and full sized samples!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

ybab, as I said on another thread, many of the problems with Guthy Renker are from user error from not paying attention to what they were signing up for. I was in the club for 2+years. I watched the infomercial one time in the middle of the night and knew exactly what I was signing up for. I cannot understand how anyone could not. They repeat it over and over. One shipment in 2 years didn't arrive and was taken off my bill. When I wanted to stop, I told them I wanted to get out of the club-I wanted to cancel my membership. I got a confirmation email and no further charges. I think this is the experience of the majority. I am seriously considering getting back in, because I prefer that formula of SAM.

I suspect that some of the people who have problems getting out of GR call up and say they don't want the shipment coming. So they are told it is cancelled. In three months, it's time for another shipment. It is sent out, they are charged and then they are irate. When you consider the communications skills of a lot of people, it's not surprising. Add to that the very real possibility that English is not a first language for some of the customer service people, and if you are not clear about what you want, it's going to be a mess.

Millions of customers buy several different product lines through Guthy Renker. The complaints online would have to be a drop in the bucket. I would just ask that ppl who don't have personal experience of unscrupulous behavior with them don't say they are unscrupulous.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Esteemed Contributor

Great explanation, Kjelle! I have nothing but good things to say about GR.

People who sign up for the introductory offer have to click a large box that explains the autodelivery in very large print. And then they complain about it? User error.

A while ago, someone on the Wen board explained the nuances of marketing. She stated that GR products could be seen as inferior because they are less expensive than QVC's products.

When Chaz was on in August, he said his name does not go on an inferior product.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

Thanks everyone for explaining it to me . I will stick with QVC though

Contributor

Thanks everyone for explaining it to me . I will stick with QVC though