Regular Contributor

What do you use between bottles?

Okay so my shipment of fall tuscan pear CC FINALLY arrived this week... and to my dismay they sent me the pumpkin! I sent it back as soon as I opened it, but I just ran out of my cucumber CC and need something to hold me over until my tuscan pear gets sent back. Im so irritated! I tried Hair One jojoba formula and my hair is so dry and frizzy. Smiley Sad What have you wonderful people used to hold you over between bottles?
Honored Contributor

Re: What do you use between bottles?

Ouch! Have you tried any of the EverSleek (L'Oreal) products? They have a sulfate-free cleansing conditioner. I admit to not having tried it, but I absolutely love the products from that line I've used already - spray and oil so far. I have full intention of trying their CC when my WEN stash is depleted.

Super Contributor

why is WEN come off as so complicated ?

Honored Contributor

I don't let myself run out. I tried the Salon Grafix version a couple of years ago and it was a disaster.

Honored Contributor

On 10/16/2014 BOYINTX said:

I don't think it's complicated at all and never have.

Respected Contributor

If you have a Sephora nearby, they sell certain WEN formulas there. I know for sure they sell the Sweet Almond Mint in-store, and they might sell the Cucumber and Fig too (those might just be online though? I can't recall.)

You can also try either the Pantene or Herbal Essences cleansing conditioners. I have personally used the Pantene and found it to be okay for short periods of time. Another option is just cleansing using a traditional conditioner (people seem to like Suave Coconut for this).

Hope this helps!

Regular Contributor

On 10/16/2014 WenGirl42 said:

If you have a Sephora nearby, they sell certain WEN formulas there. I know for sure they sell the Sweet Almond Mint in-store, and they might sell the Cucumber and Fig too (those might just be online though? I can't recall.)

You can also try either the Pantene or Herbal Essences cleansing conditioners. I have personally used the Pantene and found it to be okay for short periods of time. Another option is just cleansing using a traditional conditioner (people seem to like Suave Coconut for this).

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I have a feeling my DH wouldn't support me buying MORE Wen before my shipment comes, so I was hoping to do a cheap alternative for the time being. I tried the Suave Coconut and my scalp felt so gross and dirty afterwords. Didn't felt clean at all. I'm sure anything I try won't live up to Wen, but I'm curious if the Herbal Essences would hold me over until my FTP arrives.

Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 BOYINTX said:

In truth, it's not that complicated if you try it. There is a learning curve because it's not shampoo. You may be letting yourself get intimidated by our in-depth discussions over every little thing affecting our hair.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Girl a shot of brandy in 1 hour

Respected Contributor

On 10/16/2014 LyssaLynn519 said:
On 10/16/2014 WenGirl42 said:

Hope this helps!

Thanks! I have a feeling my DH wouldn't support me buying MORE Wen before my shipment comes, so I was hoping to do a cheap alternative for the time being. I tried the Suave Coconut and my scalp felt so gross and dirty afterwords. Didn't felt clean at all. I'm sure anything I try won't live up to Wen, but I'm curious if the Herbal Essences would hold me over until my FTP arrives.

Gotcha! You could also just shampoo your scalp and then use the Suave or whatever on the lengths and ends of your hair.