Regular Contributor

Flying....is this the only way?

I'm headed down south at the end of the month.I'm sure I will want to cleanse my hair both days since it is a wedding. I have bra strap length hair so I use a lot of cleanser. Are the packets the only way? I am not checking my bag since it is only a weekend trip. I bought that amazing Lori Greiner weekend bag with the snap in toiletry and cosmetic case. LOVE IT! What do you all do when you fly? This is my first flight since I started with Wen.

Honored Contributor

Re: Flying....is this the only way?

Just go to the supermarket, drugstore, Target or Walmart and buy some of the small squeezable plastic travel containers. I have a kit that has 4 containers - all under the limit for flying and in a see through bag.

If you need a lot of pumps, you may be filling three or four of these tubes.

I think the packets are rip offs price wise.

Regular Contributor

On 10/5/2014 terrier3 said:

Just go to the supermarket, drugstore, Target or Walmart and buy some of the small squeezable plastic travel containers. I have a kit that has 4 containers - all under the limit for flying and in a see through bag.

If you need a lot of pumps, you may be filling three or four of these tubes.

I think the packets are rip offs price wise.

Thanks! I agree

Honored Contributor

Any 3 oz or less secure container that you can refill will do. Just keep in mind that all your liquids must fit into a one quart ziplock type bag. I packed 2 for my week in Vegas, but I have short hair. I think there now may be some airports that don't require you to pull that bag out separately, but I still pack so I can. Wen, serums, liquid foundation, small toothpaste, etc. in the one quart bag - everything else I also pack in another ziplock, but that's not required, just easy for me.

Have a great weekend!

Super Contributor

I use the packets...for me it is a matter of convenience...just grab and go!

Trusted Contributor

I choose to travel with the WEN travel packettes, because I use more than one formula. WEN has offered the travel packettes and other travel-size products through the Q at some pretty good prices, including a TSV and an OTO.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Esteemed Contributor

Use either the refillable bottles designed for flying and which hold 3 oz or use the travel packets. If you already have the packets, then you would be investing money into another product if you plan to fill them. It just depends upon what you have on hand. If you are TSA pre-approved, you won't be pulling out the 1 qt baggie, but that is usually reserved for those who have flown often and have a track record with the airlines.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Regular Contributor

On 10/5/2014 KonaKat said:

Use either the refillable bottles designed for flying and which hold 3 oz or use the travel packets. If you already have the packets, then you would be investing money into another product if you plan to fill them. It just depends upon what you have on hand. If you are TSA pre-approved, you won't be pulling out the 1 qt baggie, but that is usually reserved for those who have flown often and have a track record with the airlines.

I'm not TSA pre-approved. I did however purchase this item H201762. She said (Lori) during the presentation that this was airline approved. I am not checking this bag. And I was assuming the see through detachable case was approved. It is all compartmentalized. I thought I could just unsnap that and show them all my toiletries. This is why I bought it.

Trusted Contributor

I looked at her bag and the airlines have a 3-1-1 Liquids Rule which states "Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container; must be in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. The bag limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring."

The cosmetic bag looks larger than 1QT, so I don't think it could be used in place of a 1QT zip top bag for the items covered by the 3-1-1 liquids rule.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Regular Contributor

On 10/5/2014 lyn in MI said: I looked at her bag and the airlines have a 3-1-1 Liquids Rule which states "Liquids, gels, aerosols, creams and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container; must be in 1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag; 1 bag per passenger placed in screening bin. The bag limits the total liquid volume each traveler can bring."

The cosmetic bag looks larger than 1QT, so I don't think it could be used in place of a 1QT zip top bag for the items covered by the 3-1-1 liquids rule.

Thanks!