Super Contributor

my daughter's experience with the fas rtm...kind of funny

So my 11 year old absolutely loves the fas scent. She has since last year. Some of you may remember I've mentioned she has Alopecia which is a condition that make her lose her hair. She has gone from being completely bald to have enough hair to comb and be really tangled in the mornings, but still really thin. Anyway...she always uses my rtm in the mornings to detangle the mess she wakes up with and yesterday she decided to use my fas. I picked her up after school and she told me that everyone kept telling her she smelled like syrup and one of her friends asked if I made pancakes for breakfast. I started laughing because I immediately knew why she was saying this. I've heard people on here mention all they smell is the maple in the fas but I've never noticed it being that strong before. She asked this morning to use the 613 rtm instead so she doesn't go to school smelling like pancakes today! We both still really like the scent and she was going to tell everyone that it was the mist she used on her hair and ask which one they like better so she knows what one to keep using...lol!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

Re: my daughter's experience with the fas rtm...kind of funny

Sweet story and so happy your daughter has her hair growing back. Must be a devastating experience especially for a child to suffer from alopecia. You must be so thrilled to see this change!!!
Honored Contributor

Yeah, nobody wants to smell like pancakes, two days in a row....Wink

Congratulations on your daughter's success with WEN! You should post about it on Chaz Dean's Facebook page.

Super Contributor

I credit the tt oil to her success...which is how I started using wen myself. Someone had told me about the wen tt oil so I bought a small bottle and we rubbed it on her bald head every night before she went to bed. She had been completely bald for over a year at this point and after about 2 months we started to notice new hair growth. She still uses the tt oil about 4 times a week now as an overnight, but also likes to use the other scents as well. I know he can't make medical claims, but I truly believe it has everything to do with her new growth and the fact that she's kept it now for a few years. Coincidence, could be but she's not willing to stop using it only to find out because she starts losing hair again...and I don't really blame her!

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Oh so glad your daughter is having success with Wen and her hair...I read somewhere on the Wen posts that someone mixed the new Pear scent with the FAS and it was great together, just an idea if you have the Pear RTM....I am a mixer of scents! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Awwww too cute!! So happy too that the Wen is working so good for your daughter!

Super Contributor

Cute story, and sweet too! Smile