Super Contributor

This morning I realized how much difference an ionic hair dryer works...on accident!

My dryer (Sedu 4000i) has an on/off switch for the ions. This morning after cleansing I was styling my hair and getting very frustrated at all the frizz. I couldn't figure out why. I didn't do anything different while cleansing. Used tt oil as an overnight, then ca as my first cleanse and tt as my 2nd cleanse with 1 pump tt cc, ca sc and pom gs as my leave in. I couldn't remember if I had used the ca/tt cc combo before or not, but I've NEVER had bad results with tt no matter what I use it with. My hair was looking awful. Then when I was on my last section I happened to notice that the ion switch was turned off. As soon as I switched it back on I could tell a difference. After finishing that last section I took the dryer and quickly gave my hair a once over with the ions turned on and what a difference it made. I've had an ionic dryer for so long I guess I never realized how much better my hair was with it vs without.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

Re: This morning I realized how much difference an ionic hair dryer works...on accident!

It's really amazing. After switching WEN and listening to Chaz, I stopped using my Conair dryer and got an ionic Solano. Not only is the ionic great, I hadn't realized there was any difference between the cheap drugstore dryers and the pro dryers except durability. Pleasant education for me.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

Re: This morning I realized how much difference an ionic hair dryer works...on accident!

I really appreciate this topic. Having such an awful time with my hair - has become very curly, frizzy and looks like........ I have wondered if the "expensive" hair dryers what a difference they make. If others would please comment would like to know your experiences. Thank you

Contributor

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my ionic hairdryer. I purchased the Buttercup Drybar TSV last year and have seen much improvement in my damaged hair over the past several months. Actually, my daughter was home from college this past weekend and used it for the first time and couldn't believe what a difference it made to her hair. She could not believe how smooth and shiny it made her hair. She now wants one for Christmas. I HIGHLY recommend investing in one.
Respected Contributor

I never knew that it would make a difference on your hair either. I also have had a Conair for years and years maybe I should make a switch!

Honored Contributor

I would concur that it DOES make a big difference, especially for those of us who are 'styling' challenged. My biggest enemies are my blow dryer and a round brush! I fully admit if I could afford one of those dry bar blowouts every time I wash, I WOULD PAY IT!

Switching to an ionic ( I have the Solano and the T3) and using WEN styling creme AND the nozzle has so drastically cut down on my frizz and fly-a-ways...that I almost look good right after the blowout! LOL Almost! I can make really good straight hair, but the curls still elude me.

When I travel, and take my Revlon travel dryer...I see a huge difference and huge mess! I need to find a folding travel blow dryer that is ionic!!!

I admit to using Sarah Potempa Beachwaver 1-2x/week to get my lovely beachy curls. However, I have reduced the heat a lot since I have minimal frizz now from my dryer.

Now my only enemy is that darn round brush...oh to have Joy's curls w/o a heat tool!

Super Contributor

I have had the T3 for over a year and can tell a real difference with an ionic dryer. Always before I would end up with my hair looking flyaway if I didn't use Velcro rollers. I'm still all thumbs with a dryer and round brush, but I could get a smooth bob with just the dryer and brush. Well worth the money.

Respected Contributor

I believe that it would make a difference. I don't have an expensive hairdryer but do plan on buying one soon.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 RespectLife said:

I would concur that it DOES make a big difference, especially for those of us who are 'styling' challenged. My biggest enemies are my blow dryer and a round brush! I fully admit if I could afford one of those dry bar blowouts every time I wash, I WOULD PAY IT!

Switching to an ionic ( I have the Solano and the T3) and using WEN styling creme AND the nozzle has so drastically cut down on my frizz and fly-a-ways...that I almost look good right after the blowout! LOL Almost! I can make really good straight hair, but the curls still elude me.

When I travel, and take my Revlon travel dryer...I see a huge difference and huge mess! I need to find a folding travel blow dryer that is ionic!!!

I admit to using Sarah Potempa Beachwaver 1-2x/week to get my lovely beachy curls. However, I have reduced the heat a lot since I have minimal frizz now from my dryer.

Now my only enemy is that darn round brush...oh to have Joy's curls w/o a heat tool!

The Sedu 4000i that I have is a small dryer...it doesn't fold but it does travel very well. I think it might even be considered a travel hair dryer. I've packed it and taken it on trips (including in my checked luggage when flying) many times.

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
-Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Thank you so much for that suggestion Simollie! I am going to check the Sedu out!

I found it on BBB w/ a 20% off coupon, free shipping and shopped through Discover.com (partners) and saved another 5%...so they had a much better price than folica.com and def. better than amazon.

Thanks again! Hope I like it! BBB takes returns so I should be okay.