Occasional Contributor

Oh how I loves me everything WEN! I was excited about giving hubby his own WEN and not using mine…although I have enough to share and then some! It arrived yesterday and I let it “breath “for about a ½ hour. Hubby came back where I was sniffing this large black bottle and asked “What’s that?” I said, “Close your eyes.” I put the bottle up to his nose and had him sniff. I asked, “What do you smell?” He said….”Vicks vapor rub!!… And why’d we need so much?” I insisted that it was “sandalwood.” He said if that’s sandalwood, then I’m the kind of England! I hate to admit it, but it does smell like Vicks vapor rub. Now it works just as well as all of Chaz’s products, but I am sending the two MEN’s bottles back and will replace them with the yummy Fall Pear scent. Again, no difference if product performance.

Donna W Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My MEN WEN experience...

DW, how did it perform? What was the slip like? The consistency? How did it leave your hair after rinsing?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor

FYI it smells weird IN the bottle..but if you rub some on your hand and then smell it is TOTALLY different and heavenly.

Same for when you use it in the shower. It ""blooms"" into something wonderful.

Contributor

I tried WM for the first time last night. I thought the scent could have been a choice for a Winter seasonal (stronger scents than Spring, for example). I did like the smell. And yes, I did think it was "manly". But I'm not going to go around burping, farting and scratching myself today. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I like it, but I already have BGT (also rice based) in gallons (A-D). I'll use it up, but I don't see the need to reorder. I recommend it, though.

Occasional Contributor

I really like the WEN Men..........my initial thought when smelling it right from the bottle was it was spicy......I could smell the ginger and cardamom right off the top. Then when I used it and the vanilla and amber came thru and it is actually to me a very light soft scent. It was driving me crazy though because it smelled like something else and at first I couldn't place it........but then I did.......Bamboo Green Tea. So I took a squirt of the BGT in one hand an one of the WEN Men in the other hand and compared.....to me they are very similar....the WEN Men is just lighter and softer with the vanilla and amber. I loved the results, my hair has crazy volume and shine today....I really like it!!! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Too funny! I never smelled the bottle...just put it on my hand and loved it! I smelled my hand all day at work and envisioned a Men's Cologne next!

So now I smell the bottle...LOL, maybe it does smell a little like Vapo!

Will try on my head this weekend.

Occasional Contributor

Hello All: Thanks for all the replies!! We actually both used the Wen Men’s last night!-so it got a good work out! Both of us still though it was heavier on Vicks vapor rub scent than men’s cologne or sandlewood. This formula performed just as well as all his other cleansing conditioners and we thought it felt/worked more like Fig/and/or/ Fall Ginger Pumpkin. While we like these items we didn’t feel we needed to keep one so close to how they feel/work…the slip if you will, and that menthol type feeling. I’m so glad many of you like it and are enjoying it. My husband said he will just stick to my regular “flavors!” –Men!! Smiley Happy

DW

Honored Contributor

Now I'm a little nervous. My son likes WVM, but when he was over last weekend I asked him if he'd like to try WEN Men. He said sure so I ordered him one. I'll have to ask him if I can open it for the smell test. I don't think I'll be able to wait until he visits the next time...LOL Then again, if it does smell like Vick's, it will be rather disappointing.

Honored Contributor

On 10/2/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Now I'm a little nervous. My son likes WVM, but when he was over last weekend I asked him if he'd like to try WEN Men. He said sure so I ordered him one. I'll have to ask him if I can open it for the smell test. I don't think I'll be able to wait until he visits the next time...LOL Then again, if it does smell like Vick's, it will be rather disappointing.

Wait and see what he thinks. Scent is so personal. I love the scent of amber and used to wear some in a pomander pendant. A boyfriend of mine thought it smelled like Play-Doh. Smiley Sad

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

Haha..just be sure to smell it on your hand vs in the bottle. TOTALLY different and the hand smells as it will in the shower.