Super Contributor
I got a three piece set of pomegranate. First off, the smell is incredible. It was almost like aromatherapy in the shower. I did 10 pumps then 6. But I think 8 and 8 will be perfect. It went on nice, I didn't have a comb in the shower but fingers worked well. I scrubbed my scalp and like someone on here told me, rinse, rinse, rinse, lol. I rubbed about a half pump into the ends after the shower and styled as usual. My hair is super soft. I'm so excited to see how this is going to be. So far, I'm loving it. The set also had the hydrating mask, which I'm hoping to do that this weekend. It also has the glossing serum - I didn't try this. If I use this, should I skip the one 1/2 pump of conditioner at the end of washing? Now, other questions. I know their are lots of varieties. So please recommend some so I can become a junkie :-). I have very fine hair. My part looks a little wider now a days than it used to be. Specially around the bangs. I can get pretty oily but I can get by with washing every other day. Thanks in advance for all the help
Respected Contributor
Congrats on jumping in with a kit. Glad it's working out so far. We use glossing serum in different ways. You would still use your leave in CC on wet hair then the glossing serum. If you don't end up liking it try just the CC and see how you like with putting the glossing serum on dry hair. I think though if your hair is fine, wet may work better. For thinning hair TT is recommended but some don't like the smell of it. I happen to love TT and eucalyptus. You'll esp want to invest in some TT oil to do scalp treatments to help with growth and normalize your scalp. You might be able to go another day between cleanses.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor
Welcome to WEN! Keep using the cc as leave in. I agree with kjelle, the tea tree oil helps with thinning hair. The night before you cleanse, put 4 droppers full on your scalp, massage it in, cleanse in the morning. You might also try the tea tree cc. It's great mixed with any of the other formulas, or as a first clease. Also, the styling Creme is very important to smooth your hair and as a heat protectant.
Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to Wen, fun!

I'm so happy you like the product! It will only get better from here.

Like kj said, TT will be an excellent addition for your hair, especially the oil! I also love the smell of it; it's very soothing.

When you try the Hydrating Mask this weekend, make sure you add a splash of water to it.

As for the glossing serum, you can add it to your leave-in, use it on dry hair, add it to your mask...play around with it to see how you like it.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

You should try the recommender on Chaz's site. This will tell you what Wen formulas you should be using based on a few questions that you answer. Although, I do agree that using the tea tree oil is a good idea for thinning hair. I don't really have thinning hair but do like using the tea tree oil as an overnight treatment.

Super Contributor

I wash my hair at night. so is there another way to use the tea tree oil without having to leave it in overnight. I can do that on the weekend, but I have to get up way too early to take showers in the morning to rinse it out. or is this a weekly product?

Esteemed Contributor

fun, you use it as frequently as you wish.

I use it at night along my thinning hairline only, every other night when I don't cleanse the next day. The scent doesn't linger.

The nights before I cleanse, I use it on my full scalp.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
I have the four piece set in my cart. I wish it was on easy pay. So the oil doesn't leave your hair greasy?
Super Contributor
On 10/3/2014 funinthesun said:

I wash my hair at night. so is there another way to use the tea tree oil without having to leave it in overnight. I can do that on the weekend, but I have to get up way too early to take showers in the morning to rinse it out. or is this a weekly product?

You can leave it in for as little as a couple of hours the evening before you cleanse and it will work. The longer you leave it in, the more it soaks in.

Super Contributor
Thank you okie. I'm so excited about this brand. Can't wait to wash my hair tonight