Honored Contributor

WENISTAS! Can't get that inch or so out of the bottom of the pump bottle??

I've been having success getting those last drops out from the bottom of my WEN bottles and wanted to share it with you....

When you notice that you have an inch or two left or the pump is sputtering and acting cranky, keep the bottle upside down in your shower so the product will be at the top of the bottle.

When you go to use it, carefully unscrew the pump top, pull the extra product off from around the pump shaft by taking your left hand and grabbing the shaft and running it down to the end. Then take the bottle and hit the opening of the bottle on the palm of your hand and blops will come out. Careful it doesn't come out too fast. If it's coming out slow, turn the bottle and tip it so the stuff slides to the opening and/or give the bottle one or two good shakes. Keep doing that until you get what you need (and then put the pump back into the bottle and store it upside down until the next day).... or you can't get any more out from hitting it on your palm and the bottle is truly empty.

I was upset that there was some left in the actual pump shaft. I realized that the pumps work when there is a vacuum. I'd take the bottom of the shaft and (ok you can laugh).... put the end on my stomach cutting off the air to the shaft. I worked the pump and got out about two pumps that were in there. LOL... I ended up with about four red marks on my stomach from starting and stopping the process (I look like I had a "cupping" done... ) but in my mind it was well worth it!

AND the important thing is that I got every drop that I could possibly get out of that bottle.

I'm a happy girl and wanted you all to know it's possible.... {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Here's a Whoop for WEN.... {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

Re: WENISTAS! Can't get that inch or so out of the bottom of the pump bottle??

I save the cap and replace the pump . You can still play with the pump as you see fit

Honored Contributor

You can also add a little water, shake like mad, and pour it out into your hand. Mission accomplished. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

You can also add a little water, shake like mad, and pour it out into your hand. Mission accomplished. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That's exactly what I do! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I have a few Philosphy flip top caps that I use when I get to that point. Add a little water, shake & store upside down. The pump goes into the next bottle of that size that I open, that way what's in the pump is not wasted.

When the last bottle of POM that I opened reached that point, I filled the rest of the bottle with water and shook hard. I use a pump of that for my leave-in, as I don't like the way my hair feels if I just use a pump of "straight" Wen.

Honored Contributor

Most excellent ideas...

Thanks....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Okie posted a flip top that QVC sells a while back.

In that thread, a Wenner said she cuts the bottle open with a utility knife and scoops every bit of CC out.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Good stuff all - thanks!

Honored Contributor

I use the tops from my old Philosophy products. Seems all the bottles are the same size. I also just turn the bottles onto their sides and dump product as I get near the end.

And it seems since all pumps work on the same science, all pumps stop working eventually. I know for me, Wen does, Philosophy does, Dr. Denese does, Perricone does, Neutrogena does, etc.

Esteemed Contributor

I take a large plastic glass and put it upside down in the corner of the shower. Then I just scoop the amount I usually use.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.