Respected Contributor

I Would Love To Have Chaz Cut My Hair!!

I have long hair and every time I go to have it cut in layers it is definitely not the layers like the Wen girls. Why can't hairdressers get it right? I even brought in pictures and brought in a picture of one of the Wen girls hair and she still couldn't do it. Is it hard to put in layers?

Respected Contributor

Re: I Would Love To Have Chaz Cut My Hair!!

I wasn't aware that the WEN guy cut the models hair, but I would never fall for what you see on tv in these presentations.

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 momcat said:

I wasn't aware that the WEN guy cut the models hair, but I would never fall for what you see on tv in these presentations.

Chaz Dean has been a very successful hairdresser for over 25 years in the greater LA area.

You should check out his website for his salon- the Chaz Dean Studio at chazdean.com

#IamTeamWen
Respected Contributor

His models have their hair styled, as you know. Maybe it's the styling and not the cut that's different.

Respected Contributor

I have absolutely no reason to go to LA...but if I ever do, I will definitely be making an appointment at Chaz' salon! Hopefully with Chaz, but I imagine all the stylists are awesome.

I'm lucky in that I have a hairstylist who listens to me, and does what I ask her to...that's why I've been going to her for more than 15 years!

Ms X may be right in that it's the styling & not the cut so much. My hair never looks quite as good when I do it myself!

Contributor

Amen to that! I take in pics to my hairdresser and never get what I want. I'm trying someone new again next cut. I did have someone I loved, but I couldn't bring my WEN into that salon. I've been searching ever since.

Trusted Contributor

I think he cut Sandra Bennett's hair recently -- and I haven't really liked it since.

Super Contributor

Even with Wen my long hair is not thick enough for layers to really show! Genetics are what genetics are! But I would like him to color mine! I haven't colored in about three years and I am wondering if maybe I should start again or just let it go gray, I am still way less than 10%. I would just like the consult!

Honored Contributor

I would love to have him color mine! I have heard it said that he is a great colorist!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Phoebesmommy said:

Amen to that! I take in pics to my hairdresser and never get what I want. I'm trying someone new again next cut. I did have someone I loved, but I couldn't bring my WEN into that salon. I've been searching ever since.

I'd go back to that person, and forget about the Wen on haircut days. They should have some sulfate free shampoos. If you're not comfortable with that, why not cleanse your hair before you go, and just have them wet it for the cut. I do that all the time. It's not easy finding a good hairdresser!