Contributor

Is anyone taking Chaz's 6-13 challenge?

Over the weekend, Chaz challenged one of the hosts to use 6-13 at every cleanse (first, second, or both) for one month. I decided to try it. I used 6-13 whenever I felt I needed to. The last 2 days, I used it for my second cleanse (I cleanse every day). I've used WEN for over two years. I still get frizzy hair and my hair won't stay in place after being touched (you know how Chaz plays with the models' hair and it falls back into place). I'm hoping this will do the trick for me. Is anyone else trying this? Does anyone have suggestions for my problems? I bought more 6-13 gallons, so I have $ riding on this experiment.

Respected Contributor

Re: Is anyone taking Chaz's 6-13 challenge?

I'm trying it...but I'm mixing a couple of pumps in with another CC (sometimes 2 other CC's). I'd been using 613 only once a week. It makes my hair feel nice & full, but rougher in texture than I like if I use it alone. I've only been doing the "mix" thing since Sunday, but so far, so good!

ETA: I usually cleanse every day...just 'cause I like to!

Honored Contributor

Nope, because I know my hair doesn't like the extra protein if I use it too frequently. I'm 2+ years into using Wen also and while I could use 613 and the seasonals every cleanse my first year, I can't anymore.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I'm usually an every other day cleanser, giving it a try and will see how it goes. I did an oil treatment last night. This morning I did my first cleanse with FGP (last of the bottle - think I still have one more in the closet) and then mixed half and half, 613 and FAS for my second cleanse. My hair is silky, not dry or frizzy. If I continue to get good results for the next several weeks, I'll order a gallon of 613 before the end of October.

Frequent Contributor

I also cleanse every day just because I don't feel clean if I don't, and I was using 613 1-2 times a week. I started Saturday with using the oils nightly and mixing the 613 with the other formulas daily. My hair does seem to be getting thicker and I have baby fine hair to begin with.
Respected Contributor

I'm not. I laughed out loud when I saw the $200 price for a gallon. Seriously. I tried a smaller bottle of WEN and it did nothing for my hair except make it look greasy. Back it WEN-t. There are so many other choices out there. If it works for you, great.

Honored Contributor

I've already tried this when it first came out and a month of 613 doesn't make my hair happy. I can do two weeks and then I need to take some time off before I bring it back into the rotation.

Esteemed Contributor

When I try a new Wen CC, I will use that product for both cleanses and my leave-in for a month to see how my hair reacts to it. My hair got mad after using 613 for 3 weeks.

I can use it once or twice a week for my second cleanse, no more.

I was surprised when he gave her that challenge.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 HonnyBrown said:

When I try a new Wen CC, I will use that product for both cleanses and my leave-in for a month to see how my hair reacts to it. My hair got mad after using 613 for 3 weeks.

I can use it once or twice a week for my second cleanse, no more.

I was surprised when he gave her that challenge.

I didn't hear the challenge, but he talked about "mixing it in" with other formulas when he uses it, so that's what I'm trying. I can't use it "straight" either.

Esteemed Contributor

Vermint, I cleanse more than I need to because I enjoy it as well!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.