Contributor

Hi everyone- I know this is off-topic during the excitement of a Chaz weekend but I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of the Lush Solid Shampoo bars. I will be backpacking through Thailand for almost a month and I've already decided that I won't be using Wen for that time period because I'm not sure if I will have hot water (eep!) or even enough water to get a proper rinse everywhere I will be staying. I have only used shampoo a few times since using Wen (haircuts, girl's weekend when I didn't want to hog the only shower) but recently I tried using the old shampoo I was using pre-Wen and it definitely irritated my scalp and made it flaky. Many of the travel blogs I have been reading RAVE about the Lush solid shampoo bars for their portability and performance. I know they are not sulfate-free and there is some controversy with the company. Has anyone tried them or the solid conditioner?

TIA.

Respected Contributor

I have not, but it does sound like a great idea of backpacking. I would inquire to see if it works with hard water as well. Many places have cold water, but the quality is not what you are accustomed to or you use river water. Check into the hard water functioning, and you should be good to go.

Super Contributor
Yes I've used it. It's not going to give you wen hair but it's pretty nice. The solid conditioner however is not so great. It's super easy to travel with. If there's a store near you I would go there and ask for a recommendation.
Valued Contributor

You might also want to look into bars like JR Liggett on Amazon.

I'm considering them for similar reasons myself so thanks for the Lush tip!

Honored Contributor

I used the cinnamon one and also the solid conditioner when my hair starting growing back from chemo treatments. Needed some TLC on my tender head and they did just fine. Used them for a long time. Loved the scent as much as the good stuff in them.

Super Contributor

From my experience in Thailand, be prepared for everything!
Have you considered a dry shampoo? You could give it a test run before you travel to see how it works for your hair. Another bonus, since it's not a liquid the TSA isn't interested in the amount you take - at least they weren't the last time I traveled. The brand I use is skinnyskinny dry shampoo, although there are many other brands to choose from.

Have a safe trip!

Honored Contributor

From my recent experience in Thailand I agree with the above - dry shampoo. While water is around it is not always water you'd want to chance getting in your eyes, or swallowing. If you can boil enough to cleanse with Ok, but otherwise I'd say no.

I scheduled a stay in a reputable hotel every 3rd day but realize this may not be a possibility for you.

Have a wonderf

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras