Contributor

Confused how to use remoist and oils

I am still learning how to use the Wen system. First Chaz said to put the oil in the night before you shampoo. Then, he said to cleanse and put in the remoist to soaking wet hair and keep it in overnight. Can some of you professional Wenners explain? Does this system take two nights? Also, does the 613 oil look superior to the previous oils? I have read the Benefits of Oils thread, but which have you had the most success for thinning hair?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Confused how to use remoist and oils

Hi Atellam. Welcome to Wen!

In the demos, Chaz often gives the optimal ways to use products. Luckily, Wen is very flexible.

I'm pretty adamant about using Tea Tree Oil overnight to address my thinning hair. I have other oils, but I primarily use Tea Tree on my scalp.

ReMoist can be used for a few minutes in the shower, overnight, or anything in between. You will get good results from it. Make sure to add a splash of water.

My midweek regimen, for example: Tea Tree Oil overnight, Sweet Almond Mint first cleanse, rinse, ReMoist, shower duties, rinse, style, go to work.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

I ReMoist once weekly/biweekly and I use the oils 2 to 3 times a week. I generally do an overnight oil treatment, then cleanse and do a ReMoist treatment the next morning. I leave my ReMoist in for a minimum of 4 hours, but most often I plan a ReMoist on a day when I will just be hanging around the house and rinse it out the next morning.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor

Arellano, welcome to the Wen forum and to the Wenderful world of Wen!!Smiley Happy

I have thin/fine hair and before using Wen my scalp would become an oil slick inside of 18 hours. These days I can go 3-4 days between cleanses (unless I have been playing tennis or doing a lot of housework and am really sweaty). I alternate between Oil treatments and Remoist treatments over the course of the week: two overnight oil treatments for every one Overnight Remoist treatment. This means that, on average, I have a Remoist treatment every 1-2 weeks. -- The Oil treatments are primarily for your scalp. In particular, the Tea Tree Treatment Oil helps to keep your scalp healthier (TT is antibacterial and anti fungal - great for combatting dandruff) and to help remove excess dried body oil/ sebum from your scalp so that it can breathe more easily (TT oil is an emulsifier which helps to loosed the dried excess oil on your scalp). -- in contrast, the Remoist is primarily for your hair (as opposed to your scalp). As Chaz mentioned in the shows, it's best to cleanse your hair before you do an overnight Remoist treatment and then apply the Remoist to wet hair. Some of the ingredients in the Remoist will penetrate your hair shaft so you want to make sure you have clean hair. Best if luck!!! - bebeSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

You can use Wen however you'd like, that's what's great about it. He tries to explain as much as he can in the time allotted.

Personally, I try to use the oils at least two nights a week (the night before I know I'm going to cleanse). For thinning hair, I'd recommend the Tea Tree oil. The scent is strong and medicinal, but it's a great product and I use it at least one night each week. I alternate and use another oil once a week, as well.

Right now, I'm using a bit of Remoist as my leave in (in place of the Cleansing Conditioner), so I'm not very diligent about doing the regular Remoist treatments. Normally, I try to do them twice a month (usually over a weekend). I cleanse my hair like normal, then apply the Remoist and let dry. I try to leave it in all day (or overnight) then rinse out the next morning (you don't have to cleanse again).

To answer your question regarding the 613 oil......I don't know. I'm not an ingredient geek (said completely tongue-in-cheek, lol) so I haven't taken the time to compare the ingredient deck to the regular oils. I have lots of Wen on hand (this includes all of the ancillary products), so I've put myself in "Wen buying timeout" until I can make a dent in what I have on hand. Maybe someone who is more knowledgeable in I ingredients can post their thoughts regarding this. Just keep in mind that it's Chaz's (and QVC's) job to sell products at whatever price point QVC sets........that may not necessarily mean that an item is worth the additional cost. That's a decision that each individual has to make for herself. I personally believe that Tea Tree oil is the proven "go to" for thinning hair......it's made a noticeable difference for me.

Super Contributor

Hi, Atellam, welcome to WEN! I completely get your question. Like others have said, WEN is flexible so you can work it into your schedule the way that works best for you. Chaz gives the schedule for OPTIMUM results. You don't have to use the oil and Remoist on the same day - they can be spaced out over the week. For optimum hair growth and condition, the best is to use the oils, specifically tea tree, overnight before you cleanse the next morning. Massaging the oils in is part of the routine - that helps work it into your scalp and break up any build up of sebum and allows your hair to grow. Unless your hair is severely dry or damaged, you need to use the Remoist only once a week. Overnight it optimal, but Chaz said 30 min would give your benefits.

Tea tree is the best for thinning hair because of the combination of essential oils in it - tea tree, rosemary and eucalyptus. Since the 613 oil was just released, it will take a while to get reviews on it. However, I don't think there's any one WEN treatment oil that's superior than the others - they each have specific essential oils that are beneficial in different areas.

HTH

Super Contributor

I'm trying to keep my hair as I age so I use TT oil over night at least once a week and most of the time a different oil the next time and I usually use oils two times a week. The use TT cleansing conditioner for the first cleanse every time and whatever I'm in the mood for the second cleanse. When I use the re moist ii cleanse my hair later in the afternoon just 1 time, put the re moist on wet hair and since my hair is very short my hair is dry before I go to bed and just rinse it out in the morning. I did use a little re moist the last time I did my hair as a leave in instead of the cleansing conditioner like I usually do. I'm not as good at using the re moist as I am the oils though and need to start using that more often. My hair is normal and not damaged , dry or oily .
Respected Contributor

I use the oils (usually Tea Tree) 2-3 times a week. Only use the Remoist every couple of months when I get my hair cut. I feel like I need it then, since my stylist uses her shampoo and other products. I especially like using the Remoist when I get my hair colored, which is every other time I go to the salon.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 lyn in MI said: I ReMoist once weekly/biweekly and I use the oils 2 to 3 times a week. I generally do an overnight oil treatment, then cleanse and do a ReMoist treatment the next morning. I leave my ReMoist in for a minimum of 4 hours, but most often I plan a ReMoist on a day when I will just be hanging around the house and rinse it out the next morning.

That's how I use them, too. I'll go to the grocery store or run errands when I have ReMoist in my hair, but not to work. I like to use a big heap of ReMoist and when the ReMoist drys in my hair, my hair feels dry and doesn't style as well. Once I wash it out, my hair feels great again.

I think this is the key: There's no wrong way to use them. You can treat overnight or for a few hours. You can use the oils or the ReMoist as a leave-in or a few times a week. You can combine the oils and the ReMoist when you treat or use them individually. Experiment and find out what works best for you.